.:homecoming:.

He was like the summer, everything about him reminded her of the warm season. His smile was like the sun shining down on the rest of Jump City. He always seemed to be in a joyous mood, his mouth alternating between smiles and laughter for most of the day. His body emitted warmth and he smelled of forests and the ocean that surrounded their tower all at the same time.

She didn't know why these thoughts were coming to mind now as she laid in bed, the day already late as she'd slept in. Raven sat up and took a look around her darkened room. She usually kept her curtains shut, but today she was in a strange mood and with a quick flick of her wrist she pulled them apart to let the sun in. She could now see a lot better, though it was still dark due to the fact that the sun rose on the other side of the tower. She sighed heavily as she pulled the warm covers aside and got up from the comfort of her bed to start her day.

The plum haired girl took another look around and noticed the numerous books splayed about from her research the night before. Using obsidian energy she picked them up and easily set them back in their designated spots on her shelves. There wasn't anything else out of place so she stepped into the bathroom attached to her bedroom and the door slid shut behind her. Raven switched the light on, actually using her hands to do so, and turned the knobs on the shower until satisfied with the temperature of the water. She removed the long shirt she wore to bed with ease and stepped under the steaming water. A content sigh left her lips as she scrubbed away at her skin with her lavender scented body wash and shampooed her hair, only using a bit of conditioner for a bit of softness after.

When she stepped out she used her powers to wrap a towel around her, almost feeling lazy enough to not use her legs and levitate back into her room. She decided against it though and walked all the way to the sink and pulled out a hair dryer. 

A few years ago she would never have owned one, but in the time that passed her hair had grown until it reached just below her waist. Raven would've cut it sooner, but she felt like she always had more important things to do. She looked directly into her reflection while turning the dryer on and waited until her hair wasn't damp anymore. 

Raven then moved on to her closet and grabbed a dark blue leotard like she did on most days and slipped into it before willing her belt to hang across her hips and clipped her cloak on. Without looking at her reflection a second time that day, she stepped out of her room and made her way down the lengthy hallway.

Before the door to the common room hissed open she could smell bacon and sausages sizzling against a hot pan. Cyborg stood in the kitchen making breakfast for a yawning Starfire, who managed to still look more put together than Raven did, most likely not even having spent half an hour on her appearance, and Robin who'd made himself a cup of coffee. A sinking feeling filled her core, the same feeling she got everyday that passed and Beast Boy was not there to joke around and make scrambled tofu. Even though he left over a year ago now, Raven could still feel his absence and knew for a fact that the rest of the team felt the same way. Especially the half man half robot who stood in front of the stove, his best friend.

"Good morning friend Raven", the Tamaranean greeted cheerily, "You seemed to have done the sleeping of in. Were you kept up by your research?"

Raven said a quick hello in reply, nodding while heading past the island Star and Robin were sitting at and into the kitchen. She opened the cupboards in search of her kettle and got started on boiling water before contemplating what tea she'd be having that morning. The demi-demon was pouring the boiled water into a cup already when an alarm blared and Cyborg groaned loudly, having served the food already.

"Honestly, why couldn't they have waited until after we ate", he said, muttering a few other things under his breath.

Raven sighed, slightly annoyed that she wouldn't be able to drink her tea and would most likely have to make herself another cup when they got back from the mission. Cyborg looked at the screen embedded in his robotic arm to get some information on the who and the where. As soon as he got a location we were all heading out, Robin and Cy taking the T-car while Star and Raven took to the skies.