Chapter 3

Thank you to all who have taken an interest in this book so far by voting and commenting xx

Putting aside the dress I had chosen to wear this evening, I could hear all the screaming and shouting happening downstairs, everyone was having a heart attack it seemed, so much shouting going on, Lord knows what would happen if there was a wedding in this house, I thought smiling to myself.

I had got my dress ironed and ready and all my accessories out, Dadi had come up a few minutes earlier to make sure everything everything was organised, I myself was having a mini heart attack thinking about what would happen this evening, I was so nervous my palms were already sweating.

I was nervous about meeting this guy, looking at the time it was 5pm, they would be here in an hour or so, so I had better start on getting ready, just then Saira came hopping and skipping into the room when a big smile on her face.

"Di hurry up and get ready, the guests are going to be here soon, hurry up nah! "yes madam" I replied heading towards the bathroom, "I will take about 15 minutes in the shower, 5 minutes to put my clothes on and 15 minutes on my make up and 10 minutes on my hair, therefore madam I'll be ready in approximately 45 minutes" I said jokingly.

"just hurry up" she shouted at me while I entered the bathroom and approximately 13 minutes later I was out. Drying myself I slowly put on my dress bring careful with it, checking the watch I had a lot of time left, it was 5.18pm.

Saira was also busy getting ready on the other side of the room, she had chosen to wear a beautiful pink patiyala suit, it looked beautiful on her with her hair open and minimal make up, she was quick! in under 20 minutes she was dressed, I guess she could help me with my make up. I planned on leaving my hair open and put my dupatta ever so slightly on covering a bit of my head.

"Saira come and do my make up, I just want something light not to much ok!, yes Di coming just left me put on my other earing" as soon as she was finished she came over to me and knelt in front of me lightly applying the foundation, concealer and blusher and just the right amount of mascara and eye liner.

She moved aside and looking at myself I was satisfied I looked dressed up but not too much like a barbie doll. Everything was finished and we still had ten minutes to spare, but unfortunately dadi had told me not to come downstairs until she called me so I just sat on my bed thinking.

I didn't want too much from a guy, I mean the main thing is an abundant amount of love, I want him to care about my emotions and to comfort me whenever I'm feeling low, I want him to hold my hand in the hard times as well as the easy times and show me he is a greatleman, nothing more, I guess it isn't too much to ask.

I want to give her so much love that she has never experienced that kind of love before, I want to hold her in my arm daily and whisper I love you to her every night. I want our marriage to be based on friendsip foremost and lovers after. "Sahid this is the third time I'm calling you,  where are you?"  my mother shouted standing at my door breaking my thoughts.

"we are leaving in 10 minutes,  I hope you are ready to go" "yes ammi,  I'm fine just putting my coat on " I wanted to go for a casual look and had opted for jeans,  a white shirt and blue blazer,  I liked the colour blue and had so many blue coloured items in my cupboard.

Heading downstairs everyone was waiting for me,  all in a line my ammi,  chachu,  chachi,  dadaji and my younger brother.  As soon as I walked down that stopped wispering and  smiled at me.  I hoped today would go as they wanted it to and they wouldn't be disappointed.  Right let's get this show on the road I thought.

Getting in the two cars parked in our driveway,  we made our way through the  roads of Islamabad as we reached our destination.