Numb

Drew's PoV
    I smiled widely as I caught sight of my boyfriend across the small yet crowded room, giggling to himself as he slowly began to dance around the room, utterly drunk even though it was only early in the evening, and he usually refrained from drinking large amounts of alcohol. Yet, somehow our newly wedded red headed friend, kier Beveridge, had managed to coax my Shaney into drinking some cider earlier this afternoon, when everyone first appeared at the flat, and since then, my boyfriend hadn't seemed to stop drinking for a minute, meaning that now, he was completely out of it.  I giggled, finding the whole concept of drunk Shane adorable and in some ways, I wished that all of our evenings could be spent like this one, just so that I would always get to see my boyfriend like this. Plus, it felt amazing to be able to joke around and drink casually with our friends as though we had no cares in the world than loving in the moment, after what had once been a life of hardship of sadness. Yet, lately, me and Shane had been able to let go of all that negativity and had finally found our true happiness.

I watched gleefully as Shane slowly became more confident in his graceful, yet slightly awkward, movements, as he and kier began to waltz around the living room like a couple from the Victorian era, causing both me and Laurence to crack up laughing at them. Me and Laurence had barely drunk at all throughout the long day and overall, we could easily be classed as sober, especially compared with Shane and kier, who were completely out of it. Pilnahn was even worse when it came to drinking and by this stage in the evening, he had already collapsed on the other sofa, due to his large alcohol consumption.

"They are so cute" Laurence giggled to me, as he fondly gazed upon his new husband kier, who was now drunkenly twirling Shane around, almost falling over in the hilarious process. I nodded at Laurence's truthful words, too infatuated with the beautiful boy before me to tear my attention away from him for long enough to fully reply to Laurence's comment in words. Instead, I just continued to stare, smirking slightly as I took another small sip of the beer in my hand.

"A little too drunk though" Laurence added as an afterthought as he noted the way that both kier and Shane were both stumbling about the living room, almost knocking things over as they did so. I squealed in shock when they almost knocked over mine and Shane's expensive, new, flatscreen tv and I quickly made my way over to the pair of them and pulled them gently apart, scared that if I let them carry on with their cute, yet damaging act, one of them would get seriously hurt and the flat would end up being destroyed, even though we had recently decorated it. They both whined a little at being pulled apart yet, by the time I had managed to lead Shane to the small sofa and pull him gently into my lap, he had already seemed to forget about his protests and slowly snuggled into me, giggling even though nothing remotely funny had happened. I looked over my shoulder to see that kier was doing the exact same thing and laughing uncontrollably as he snuggled into an exasperated Laurence, who was trying his best to calm his younger husband down and stop his frantic fidgeting.

"How drunk are you shaney?" I giggled as I gazed at the man before me, whose eyes were slightly glazed over and who seemed to be swaying from side to side, clearly too drunk to be even able to sit up straight without constant movement, or rocking. At the mere sound of my voice asking him a simple question, he looked around the room in confusion, looking for the source of the voice, not even sober enough to recognise it was me who was talking to him. I merely giggled, too happy in my incredibly joyful state to take offence at this slight slip up. Instead, I calmly tapped on his shoulder,  giggling as he finally tilted his head down to look at me, his eyes widening slightly at what he saw, though I couldn't decipher exactly whether this was a good thing or a bad thing .

"W-what?" He slurred, giggling hysterically as he began to sway even more. I sighed softly, knowing that this behaviour had proved my point that he was drunk and now, I knew that it would be unfair of me to let him drink even more, when he was already hammered. After all, I didn't want him to risk getting hurt in his drunk state, or to have to deal with the catastrophic effects of the hangover that was sure to greet him when he woke up in the morning. Of course, I wouldn't mind comforting my adorable, timid boyfriend in those low hours, yet I knew well from experience how much he hated hangovers, and so I wanted to save him from the pain of one, while I still could.