Seb stared at me for a bit with his cold eyes before saying, "Screw you," and walking out of the library.

       I scoffed and went back to my seat beside Ty. "What was that about?" he asked.

       "Nothing," I said. "He's just being very contradicting. He says one thing, then says another and..." I shook my head and sighed."It's not important. So, back to the project."

       Dax was then standing by the table. "Artemis, did my brother leave?" he asked.

       "Yeah," I said. "He basically stormed out of here."

       "That bastard," Dax muttered under his breath before going back to his seat. I guessed Seb really was here for Dax.

       The sound of a motorcycle from outside suddenly sounded, causing Dax to jump up from his seat and hurry to the window. "Are you freaking kidding me?!" he exclaimed.

       "Mr. Smythe," the librarian hissed from her front desk. "This is a place for quiet, not yelling. Be quiet or you will have to remove yourself from the library."

       Dax huffed and sat back down in his seat before opening a textbook he had and turning back to his work, looking quite pissed off. I was guessing Seb took off without him and Seb was supposed to be Dax's ride.

       It took me and Ty about an hour to finish our work. When we finished, he packed away his laptop. "So," he said. "There's a party on Friday at my friend's house. You should come."

       "Maybe," I said. A party could be a great place to meet people since I was new here and only talked to Lauren, Tanya, Dax, and Ty. And somewhat Seb. But four of those people I knew before I moved away and back.

       "I'll text you the address just in case," Ty said. "I'll see you tomorrow."

       "Bye," I said as he walked out of the library. 

       I walked over to Dax and sat down beside him. He had earphones in, but I didn't know if he could hear me, so I tapped on his shoulder. He looked at me, but kept his earphones in. 

       "Let me guess," I said. "Seb took off and he's your ride?"

       Dax scoffed. "You're correct. I tried calling and texting him, but he won't answer so I doubt he's coming back here. I finished my research for a class half an hour ago and I need him to pick me up."

       "Well, my dad will be here soon to pick me up, so he can drop you off as well," I said. "You live right beside us, after all."

       Dax gave me a smile. "Thank you, Artemis. I do not want to be here any longer."

       He quickly gathered up his stuff and followed me outside of the library and the school. A few moments of standing there, my dad pulled into the parking lot and stopped near the curb we were standing by.

       I opened the passenger door. "Dad, can you drop Dax off?" I asked. "He doesn't have a ride home."

       "Yeah, of course," Dad said.

       I turned to Dax and gave him a nod, so he climbed into the backseat. "Thanks for the ride, Mr. Novak," Dax said as I got into the passenger seat. "My brother decided to take off and now, he won't answer his phone."

       "No problem," Dad said as he pulled out of the parking lot. "How is Sebastian, by the way? Artemis never talks about him."

       "Uh..." Dax said, hesitating a bit. "He's good. Yeah, good. Nothing else."