Chapter 27: Bright Lights of Lustrous

Start from the beginning

"Two Vodka and Lemonades." Jessie ordered as I looked around the club.

The lights where spinning around making me a little dizzy and the music was so loud I couldn't even hear what the bar tender was saying on the other end of the counter - too bad if he was saying something important.

The drinks were pushed towards encouragingly and I wasted no time in throwing back my first drink, desperate for the relaxing effect of the alcohol.

"Slow down Sky, I am good friend but I refuse to watch you throw up."

"I'll be fine. I ate something." I smiled at her reassuringly as I tapped the bar to get another drink.

"That just means you have something to throw up." Jessie muttered loud enough for me to hear but I just ignored her.

A few drinks later and I was comfortably leaning against the bar and watching the mass crowd move around the dance floor without any panic or anxiety.

"Want to go dance?" Jessie asked me as she pushed off lightly from the bar.

I stared her straight in face, "I'm not drunk enough for that yet." My 80's disco moves were not exactly something I wanted to publicise while I was still sober.

"Well then hurry up, I'm bored." She flicked her hair to the side.

"Hey cutie, want to dance?" A girl smiled, directing her question at Jessie.

Jessie blushed a deep red and her eyes spun around in a slight panic.

I rolled my eyes sick of it. I was too tried and in no mood to play along with Jessie tonight. "Hey closest Queen, go have some fun." I nudged her arm.

Her eyes widened even more in surprise as she stared at me. "W-what?"

"Jessie, I have been your friend and lived with you for years. Do you really think I didn't notice that purpled haired diva sneaking out of the fire escape for the better half of last year?" I spoke honestly before I took a long sip of my drink. Hm. I was running low.

"Sky, Please don't - " She started but I interrupted.

"I won't say anything to your parents. I still love you. Now go and dance, at least one of us should be having a good time tonight." I gave her another gentle nudge.

Jess smiled and nodded her head before she walked off towards the dance floor.

"Hey can I get another drink please?" I turned to the bartender.

"Make that two." Someone said from behind me.

I frowned and turned around. "Unless that extra one is paying for itself then it will just be one drink thank you very much." I stopped talking as I came face to face with a cute smile.

"How about if both of the drinks pay for themselves?" He smirked at me.

"That could work." I smiled back.

"I'm Declan by the way." He leaned in near my ear so that I could hear him.

"I'm Sky." I gladly took the drink from the bartender.

"Let me ask you Sky, why is a beautiful girl like you not dancing?"

"I was just waiting for the right partner." I tried to flirt. Tried being the key word there. Twenty-five years old and you think I knew how to do it by now.

"Well in that case, Mind if I steal you away for a dance?"

Oh my god! This never happens to me! Guys always come up to me and introduce themselves before they start asking if Jessie is single and then they just start flirting with her.