"Yes Clara?" I said picking out a red checkered shirt.

"Will you brush my hair?" She asked quietly, how could I say no to that cute little voice?

"Of course Princess" I said buttoning up the last buttons of my shirt.

"It's red!" She squealed pointing at my shirt

"Yeah baby, we match" I laughed, picking up the brush, I sat her on the bed. And as the bristles of the brush sunk into her hair, I realized just how long it had gotten. Clara had inherited my mother's hair, no matter how long it got, it always remained soft, and silky. I've been wanting to cut her hair though, but mom had 'banned' me from doing so. I could just take her to the hairdressers, and get it cut, but I do not want to face my mother’s wrath when I get back home. Just the thought, sent a shiver running up my spine.

"I'm going to play in the sand pit" Clara declared suddenly.

"Oh yeah" I replied distantly, still concentrating on brushing her bed hair down.

"And the jungle gym!" She said again, excitedly.

"I know, baby! You can play on anything you want"

"Chase! Clara! Breakfast is ready!" I heard my Mom shout from the bottom of the staircase.

"Hurry up Daddy!" Clara groaned now getting restless from sitting for long.

"I'm trying. Nearly there…!" I said as I brushed through her hair one last time "Come on, let's go!" I swung her across my right hip, and carried her downstairs setting her feet once we reached the kitchen.

"Nanny! I want pop tarts!" She ran to my Mom and held onto her leg

"Well that's lucky! I made strawberry ones!" She laughed as Clara beamed up at her "Go sit at the table and I’ll bring them over" Mom told her as she took the pop tarts from the toaster. I watched as Clara tried to pull herself onto the chair, and on the fourth attempt she made it sitting with her eyes just above the table, she looked so adorable! I walked over to my chair, picking her up on my way, and placing her on my lap.

"Daddy, when are we going to go?" She whined.

"After breakfast" I told her as Mom placed two plates of pop tarts down, one strawberry for Clara, and the other chocolate, for me.

"Are you excited Clara?" Mom asked her, I groaned she was starting her off again. I tried to blank out Clara's excited high pitched voice as I ate my food but I couldn't help smiling that my little girl was going to school! The past three years have been so surreal! I was going back today for the first time since I was 15... I was going to be attending senior year! I was pretty nervous, but I had seen everyone a couple of weeks ago at Clara's birthday. She gets spoilt by all of them! Especially the girls, Ash and Dean! Dean had been round for dinner last night as well; giving Clara yet another present, this one was for good luck! He had given her a small white bag that she wears over her shoulder, it make her looks way too grown up for my liking!

"Come on, let's brush your teeth and get your shoes on so Daddy can pack his bag" my Mom walked towards me, taking Clara from her position on my lap, and headed towards the bathroom. I sighed, it would be hard not being with Clara all day. We got on really well! She was definitely a Daddy's girl; she had me wrapped around her little finger! I climbed the stairs and grabbed my bag and keys, and walked back down to the front door and waited for my little girl.

"Catch me Daddy!" Clara yelled as she ran at me. I held my arms open as she jumped into them and span I around in circles, making her laugh joyfully!