Will you be my valentine?

For Marinette, school hadn't been very eventful. No love letters were written to her by anyone. Not even Nathanaël had given her one. Though maybe he was just to shy. She was going to hang out with Alya, but she had a date with Nino.

Adrien on the other hand, was thinking that he lost his mind. He loved his lady with all his heart, but the blond had fallen for the clumsy Marinette who sat behind him.

It started out with him as Chat Noir and Marinette talking once when his miraculous was going to give out. He needed to pick up some Camembert for Plagg. And the only place was Marinette's.

After that, he stopped by just because he wanted to. Sometimes they'd talk, other times he would just watch Marinette work on her designs, making cat puns all the while. And unlike his lady, his classmate didn't seem bothered by them. Most of them at least.

Before he knew it, the cat themed hero had fallen for her. And unlike what he thought, he didn't feel that he was betraying his lady at all. Marinette was showing some interest in him as Chat Noir, where Ladybug did not.

Ladybug of corse put Paris first and romance second, but being stuck in the friend zone all his life didn't sound like that much fun. Especially since his feelings for Ladybug wouldn't go away if she did.

Besides, Marinette was someone easy to talk to. As Chat Noir at least. As Adrien, not so much. But baby steps.

      Adrien had no clue what to do. Yesterday, Plagg had mentioned that it was going to be Valentine's Day, and he could tell her tomorrow. It was a good idea but the blond had no clue how to.

     And so this was the day. The day where Paris' cat hero would tell his princess, that he loved her. But when?

      After school, Marinette was walking alone. She sighed. She was happy for Alya but being alone wasn't something she really wanted right now. She had stayed late after school to do as much homework before an akuma attack, but there wasn't one.

    The dim glow of the street lamps seemed to have been her only companion back to the bakery as she couldn't tell that she was being followed by a certain cat.

     Now only two blocks away from her home, Chat knows that he can't keep stalling. Swiftly landing, he utters a single word. "Marinette." The aspiring designer turned to look at the voice.

"Chat Noir..?" She asked, surprised to see him, she was going to patrol later, but as Ladybug. Why did Chat need to talk to clumsy Marinette of all people.

"Marinette, there's something I have to tell you..." He said. It was now or never. He took a deep breath.

"Your hair is jet black, your eyes blue as the heavens, I want to see who you are behind your mysterious mask. I see you everyday and I would like you to give me a sign..."

He felt Plagg leave his body, and he knew Marinette would see him as Adrien. But he didn't care. He looked over at Marinette and said five simple words.

"Will you be my valentine?"

-

I own nothing but the idea