I should've...

Lots of stuff going on and half-starting a new series (not the lost princess one, not sure what I'm doing with that) that I might try to actually publish. What do you think my chances are? Post a comment plz. Thanks. Much appreciated. (Lily's dad above.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     I took a step back, nodding slowly. Ash glanced over, giving a short nod. Dammit. What now?

     "Ok, come on. Let's go. You want to lead the way?" Ash asked sweetly. Lily nodded vigorously, and as soon as Ash put her down she was jumping up and down, tugging at his shirt hem.

     "Let's go! Let's go!"

     "Ok ok! I'm coming!" He turned and looked at me. I nodded, waving him forward. I'll catch up in a second. They left and I turned to Jordan and Damion. I opened my mouth to say something, but my voice won't work. I shook my head and turned away, jogging after them. We got to a room where Lily's father sat in the center. He had grey eyes, short dark hair. I wasn't paying all that much attention. I stayed by the door, out of the way. In the shadows, looking down. Fear rippled through me. The room had tables and chairs and kind of looked like it could be a small dining area.

     "Hey Lily, baby? Could I talk to Ash for a second dear?" I had forgotten him. He hung around sometimes when I was a kid. I'd forgotten a lot of people, it hurt, knowing how much of my life happened but just vanished. Just like that. Lily nodded and skipped out. I leaned heavily against the wall. I felt lightheaded, memories too fast to see flashed through my head. I kept my composure. I can hide it well, just like I could before I remembered. The door to my left shut with an echo.

     "What exactly do you want?" Ash kept his voice hard and cold but it was still a question not a command. Jason, Lily's father, had kinda been like an uncle to the four of us. All of our parents were always busy so he would watch us from time to time.

     "Klaus...said something I find of interest, but I decided to ask you about it. The night of the Lockhart massacre, what happened? Who killed the Lockharts."

     "Klaus." My stomach dropped.

     "That's funny, he said that your father ordered him to, that the real culprit was the Chamberlains." My blood ran cold. What. No. Impossible. A question arose, bugging the hell out of me. Why didn't he tell him who I am?

     "That's not possible. Why-no...Juliet. Her parents. The royal family. What's their reason to kill them." His voice returned cold, hard.

     "Poor, sweet little Juliet. I'm so sorry, I think she wasn't meant to die. I mean, there's no point in killing an innocent child. She was caught in the crossfire." His words were sad, grieving. The memory of my father leaning over me, protecting me. The Lockhart family crest around his neck covered in blood, dangling in front of my eyes. Pain shot through me. I leaned on the wall with almost all weight. An attack. The acid. Really. Now? Dammit.

     "That's a lie. This can't be happening." Ash said, shaking his hand. His composure cracked a bit.

     My vision blurred, the pain overwhelming me. I bit my tongue, keeping my mouth shut. I can't risk Ash worrying about me. I've put him through too much. I should be dead. I should have never told him who I was. I should have let Klaus kill me. I should have let him kill me as a child. I should have when he tried not so long ago. The treason is more deeply-rooted than I originally thought. It's all my fault. All this death and deceit. These tratorius killers. Lily's face flashed through my mind. If anything were to happen to here, so young, so innocent. I can't live with that risk. This is my fault. I deserve the pain that is ripping me apart. I may be losing my mind, but I cannot live if others may die. I should be dead. I should have never lived in the first place. I should have never come back. I should've killed myself already. All these things I should've done. There's still one thing I can do. To protect Ash, Lily, everyone that's at risk right now because of me. To protect them all, I have to die.