There's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate (40)

Börja om från början

"'Sup?" the redhead nodded, that cheeky grin still on his face. "What's your name?"

This was weird. "... Jordan."

What was this? I normally would be perfectly fine with talking to people, but not at my boyfriend's funeral... I just wanted to get in and out of there as quickly as possible. If I met these guys on the street sometime in the future, then I would talk to them. Well, then again, I don't think that was the safest thing to do...

"J-Dog!" the brunette grinned, catching me off guard so much that I almost fell out of my seat. What did he just call me?

The redhead grinned at me, pretty much ignoring the boy standing next to him. "I'm Kenny."

"Also known as K-Dog," the brunette informed me, hooking a thumb in Kenny's direction as he continued to grin.

This was really weird.

Both boys looked like they were in high school, but they were definitely younger than Alex and me. Why were they smiling at a funeral? They looked like the kind of guys that smiled all the time, and it annoyed me just a little. But right then, considering the situation and everything, everything pretty much annoyed me.

"He likes to call people by their first initial and then he adds dog," Kenny explained to me, as if it was the most normal thing on the entire planet. What the heck had I walked into? "For example, he's C-Dog."

"'Cause my name's Cameron," the brunette introduced afterward. "Are you friends of Jesse?"

I turned to look at Alex to see if he was as confused as I was, but he looked perfectly fine in the presence of the two underclassmen boys. Why wasn't he at least a little bit freaked out? Because he was Alex, that's why. He was usually the one acting like a freak...

"Um, yeah," I answered with a nod, unsure what else I was supposed to say. "We're his friends."

I wanted to say that I was his girlfriend, but I didn't know if that was a good idea. Did his family even know that he had a girlfriend, let alone the fact that she was at the funeral with them all? I wasn't going to risk it.

"We're his cousins," Kenny informed me with a wide grin as he clapped his hand down on Cameron's shoulder.

"Alright," I nodded, wondering why they were even talking to us. Desperate to get out of this conversation, I looked around the room. "Um... Do you guys know if Marnie's here?"

She was the only family member of Jesse's that I had met, and I would have loved to have a girl's company at a place like this.

"You know M-Dog?" Cameron asked me now, his head cocking to the side as I nodded. I didn't know who he was talking about at first, but I then remembered how Kenny had told me about his nicknames for people. "That's cool. She's somewhere around here, I'm sure. Want me to go find her for you?"

I smiled up at him gratefully. "Would you? That would be great! Thanks!"

Cameron shrugged. "No problem."

He walked off, in search for... his cousin, I was assuming. If Jesse was his cousin, then Marnie probably was as well. That left Kenny, who was just grinning at us now.

"Kenny!" a loud voice suddenly broke through the silence that surrounded us, and I almost fell out of my chair once again. "Kenny! I need your help over here! I know you suck at math, but I think you can help me with something simple like this!"

My head turned in the direction of the voice to see a very pissed off looking blonde girl, her hands on her hips as she glared at the redhead that continued to stand before Alex and me. Kenny glanced back at the two of us before saying, "That's my sister Diana. I guess she needs help with something... I'll see you guys later."