Chapter 29; Is It True Hurt People Hurt People?

Start from the beginning

    I'm in the water long enough that it feels like my head is exploding but not too long that I lose consciousness. I scream and fight her grip as she pulls me out of the water. She waits for a few seconds to let me catch my breath before dunking me back underwater. It feels like there's a million knives stabbing me in the head. She pulls me up after what seems like a thousand years.

    "You're worthless, runt," she snarls. "No one wants you, your own mother didn't even want you—"

    "Drew! Drew, snap out of it!" shouts a familiar voice, bringing me back to reality.
    I bolt up, gasping for air. The sky is pitch black, telling me that it's nightfall. Hunter and Jerome are kneeling next to me, worry etched on their faces. I'm drenched in cold sweat.
    I wipe the perspiration from my forehead. "What happend?"

    "Will knocked you out," Hunter explains, helping me to my feet. "You were having a panic attack."
    "Don't worry, we'll get that S.O.B back later," says Jerome.
    I inwardly shiver at the memory of Brianna, the daughter of Mrs Joanne, the head of the orphanage. I haven't thought of that memory in over a decade.

    The runt's brother made me relive all the traumatic memories that I had repressed in my years in Neverland. My wounds were just about healed, until he reopened them all.

    "I'll kill that bastard," I snarl, clenching my fists. "And when I'm done, I'm gonna kill his brother."

-

Alice's P.O.V

-

    I wake up to Peter playing with my hair. He's been doing that a lot. He notices that I'm awake and leans down, pecking me on the lips.
    I stare at him in shock. I wasn't expecting that. "Good morning to you, too."
    "How'd you sleep?" he asks.
    "Like a baby," I say. "I'm surprised that you haven't done anything yet."
    He cocks his head to the side.

    "I assumed that you would try to kill Lewis and Will when they showed up," I explain. "Unless you're just waiting for the perfect time to do so?"
    Peter looks like I just offended him. "I wasn't planning on killing anyone."
    I look at him skeptically.
    "Killing Will would be a waste of talent," he says.
    "What about Lewis?"

    "He's a good fighter, not as excellent as Will, but still good."
    "Hmmm."
    "You still don't believe, do you?"
    "No, I totally believe you."
    He rolls his eyes. "Why would I even want to kill them?"
    "I don't know, maybe 'cause you get jealous easily."
    "I do not get jealous easily."

    I raise my eyebrow and give him a look that says, "really?"
    "What about the time you threatened Ray for befriending me, or the time you threatened to kill your boys if they got too close to me, or the time you-"
    "Fine, fine, you win."
    "As always."
    "Really?" he asks, giving me a mischievous look.

    I tilt my head to the side, confused. "What are you on about-"
    I'm interrupted by Peter tackling me. He then climbs on top of me, straddling me. I squeal as he begins tickling me.
    "How 'bout this?" he asks, grinning. "Can you win this fight?"
    "S-Stop, I can't b-b-breathe," I stutter, laughing. "P-Peter, please."

    He laughs, tickling my sides. "Not until you admit defeat."
    "O-Okay, I was w-w-wrong," I gasp, assuming that he'd stop tickling me, but to my dismay, he doesn't.
    "Y-You s-s-said t-that you'd s-stop tickling m-me, what m-more do y-you w-want from me?" I ask.
    "Tell me I'm the best," he says.

    "No."

    As soon as I utter that word he immediately starts tickling me.

    "I can do this all day," he says.

    "Alright, A-Alright, I'll s-s-say it."

    He stops tickling me and stares at me expectantly.

    "Anytime now," he says.

    "You're the best."

     He lets go of my wrists, smirking. "I know."

    Wow. Cocky much?
    He isn't tickling me anymore but he's still straddling me.
    Are you going to get off me? I want to ask but I can't form the words.

    Peter hooks his finger under my chin, tilting my head up. He brings his lips to mine and kisses me. The next thing I know, his arms are around my waist and my hands are in his hair. I'm gasping for air when he finally pulls away.
    He looks into my eyes. "Alice, I—"

    The sound of a door opening cuts him off.

    "Pan, there's something—"
    We both jerk our heads towards the source of the noise. Standing by the door with a mace slung over his shoulder is none other than Felix. Peter sits up, straddling me. Felix's eyes dart to me lying on the bed, then to Peter who's on top of me. I expected his face to flush after seeing Peter and I in such an intimate position, but he remains unfazed.

    Peter glares at the blonde boy standing by the door. If looks could kill, Felix would've been dead the minute he stepped into the room.
    "You'd better have a good reason for interrupting me," Peter growls.
    What would Peter have said if Felix didn't come into the room? And was it important?

    "Trust me," Felix says. "You want to hear this."
    "Well, what is it? What's so important that you had to interrupt me?" Peter asks.
    "It's Ray and Will," Felix says.
    That simple sentence makes my blood run cold. A million questions start running though my head. Are they alright? Did something happen to them?

    "They're missing," Felix says.
    "Missing?" Peter exclaims. "How could they be missing on my island?"
    "That's not the worst part."
    What could possibly be worse than that?
    "They aren't the only ones missing," Felix continues.
    No, I silently beg. Please don't say what I think you're going to say.

    "The Bloodlust Trio are missing, too."

-

I'm sorry that I took such a long time to update this chapter, I had to rewrite Andrew's backstory a couple times to get it right. I hope this chapter helped you understand Andrew's character a bit more. I'll try to update ASAP. I look forward to reading your comments because they really inspire me to write.

I apologise in advance if I don't update as often as I used to, my exams are due in a few weeks' time and I have a drill com(petition) coming up. So I won't have much time to write as I'll be spending my free time studying or training. I hope you guys understand.

I'll try to make it up to you guys when my examination period is over. (This chapter isn't edited)

~ Alice xx

-

What do you think of Andrew now that you know more about his backstory?

-

Vote, comment, rate, do whatever you want <3

-

Edited: 24.11.2017