Love's A Loaded Gun: Chapter 2

I watched as the buildings past by out the window. I then turned my attention toward the Mercer lady finding it strange that she went to drop off papers and taking a child in the system without even thinking about it.

She doesn't seem dangerous but I personally know that looks mean nothing. She was humming to a Bob Dylan song on the radio.

"What's that you have there hun?" I jumped a bit being startled by her. I brought the precious treasure closer to me and in a small voice and answered.

"it's my camera."

She smiled and continued.

"You like taking pictures?"

I simply nodded.

"That sounds like a lovely hobby. We need someone who is good with a camera in the house, it would be nice to have some pictures of the boys."

"Boys?" I said in a somewhat scared tone.

"Yes. I have four sons who live with me.

"Oh."

Four sons? I hope they're not like the others.

"Here we go dear, this is home."

Ms. Mercer smiled at me so I tried to give one back, but ended up with a half smile. I looked out the window and saw a two story house that looked like it had some history to it. Grabbing my camera and my worn out backpack I followed miss Mercer towards the house, counting my steps to help my nerves.

'Five, six...it will be OK, it will be OK...ten, eleven'

My feet eventually met the porch. I looked and saw Ms. Mercer holding the door for me.

I walked in to the house and looked around. The place was definitely not what I'm used to, it looked like a regular house. Ms. Mercer took off her jacket, then so simply took mine and hung it on the coat rack.

"This way dear. It's alright."

She was leading me to what seemed to be the living room. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and slowly followed the woman.

"Ma?! is that you? Who are you talking to?"

The sudden male voice startled me. In the living room I saw a guy in his late teens sitting on the couch and watching a baseball game.

"Bobby were are your brothers? There is someone I want you to meet."

The guy called Bobby looked up from his game and saw me standing behind Ms. Evelyn with a look that I can only describe as surprised. My nerves where getting worse as I hated people staring at me. At this point I focused on my breathing.

"Oh wow. HEY GUYS GET DOWN HERE MA PICKED UP A STRAY!"

"Bobby must you be so loud?"

'She must have notice me jumping from his voice. Just breath Lilly just breath.'

"Sorry ma." Bobby said with an apologetic look.

Just then two guys came from upstairs. At this point I got confused because of their skin color. They were older than me but younger than the one called Bobby. I looked at Ms. Mercer then back at the guys as they made their way towards Bobby.

Just before anyone spoke, another one came from the kitchen. he looked about my age. They all looked a bit shocked. Evelyn broke the silence.

"Boys this is Lilith she will be staying with us. Lilith these are my boys this is Bobby, Jeremiah, Angel, and Jack."

They each made some sort of a gesture when their names were said. Angel spoke up.

"So she is going to be our sister?"

" Technically the people in the city hit a snag in her paperwork, so while they get that straighten out I insisted to her social worker she could stay in our home."

Angel nodded and Jeremiah replied

"That is a great idea, ma."

"I'm glad you guys think so. They're not sure how long the problem will be sorted out, so in the mean time I want you boys to make her feel welcomed."

Bobby looked at his brothers and smiled

"Don't worry mom, we know the drill."

"Good. now Jerry dear would you be so kind to show Lilith were she could put her things."

Ms. Mercer looked at me.

"You can unpack and then join us for dinner. Angel, Bobby go set the table. Jack come help me with dinner."

And with that they all went their separate ways. Jerry smiled showing off his bright teeth and picked up my bag.

"Follow me."

He went up the stairs and I trailed behind him. We passed a couple of rooms until he stop by one.

"This is your room." I walked into the room and saw a single made up bed, a dresser, and working desk with a simple lamp. The walls were white and on the far side was a window. Jerry placed my bag on the bed and said.

"Hope you like it. dinner will be ready in five." And with that he left to go help Angel and Bobby with the table.

I let out my breath that I was holding in giving my lungs a break.

I opened my bag and put away the little clothes I had in the top drawer and my camera neatly on the desk. Lastly I pulled out a picture of my brother Taylor and placed it under the pillow of the bed.

I then sat on the bed and wonder what will happened if I stay here. Also why would they think I was their sister. In all the families that took me in I never been called sister or daughter.

{author's note: ok I'm sorry that I cut it right here but the third one will be up shortly. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Thank you for reading. please comment this is my first story and feedback is appreciated. ty

Love, MD Jester}