Tveir

"So where exactly are we holding this event?" Anubis questioned as he sat on the edge of my bed. I sat cross legged in front of him with a pad and pen scribbling down notes and ideas.

"Well Mattie said something about Freyja owing him a favor. He says that she'll allow us to have it at her place. So the venue is covered and I'm sure we can get our chefs to whip up something spectacular to eat. Decorations won't really be needed but we can spruce up the place just a bit just because why not." I replied before biting down on the top of the pen as I scanned the paper once or twice more to make sure everything was right.

The two of us had been up here for a few hours now and I was actually starting to really get into planning this thing. I was excited to meet family that I've never really met before and to have a few nights off from being the one in charge. 

Mattie had come to check on us several times and made sure that we were no less than three feet away from each other at all times. I have to say that it was hilarious seeing him like this. I've never really seen this side of my brother before but it was fun teasing him and testing his patience. 

"It sounds like we have everything under control then. When exactly are we holding this party?" 

"Next week." I replied before scribbling down some notes.

"Next week?" He questioned surprised.

"Huh? Is that a problem?" I questioned him.

"Why so soon?" 

"Well there's no real reason to prolong the party. We can all get to the venue the day of without any transportation trouble and we pretty much already have everything under control." I explained.

"I guess..." He replied with a soft sigh before turning to face me again. "Well since we're done how about we go grab something to eat? I know this amazing place in the South of France." 

"I doubt Mateus would like that." I laughed as I tucked the pen behind my ear.

"Last time I checked you were a grown man and could make your own decisions." He smiled brightly.

"When was the last time you checked?" I teased as Anubis inched his way closer to me on the bed. My cheeks warmed up and my eyes shifted to the side as he stared straight at me. I certainly wasn't used to this type of attention. Most people back home avoided me or simply treated me with the utmost respect, so much in fact that I rarely had a normal conversation with anyone. Anubis saw me as a person, just another person that he could try to seduce and it intrigued me to no end.

"Well we could skip the dinner and I could chec-"

"Imani, go tell Damien he's gonna be losing a playmate real soon." Mateus growled out.

"Mateus...." I groaned out tossing my head backwards. "Could you not?"

Mateus stood in the open doorway,looking non too pleased, with Imani beside him trying to hide an obvious smirk. In a minute he was across the room and standing at the side of my bed. His large arms were crossed over his chest as he stared down at Anubis who didn't seem too frightened. But with a look that said 'Please help me' I quickly changed my mind.

Imani came to stand beside his mate with a neutral look on his face but I've been around the four of them enough to know that he was trying so hard to stay serious. Over the years it seems that Damien's playfulness has rubbed off on the ever serious Imani and now he was just as silly as the rest of them when he wanted to be.

"Dinner will be ready soon. There will be no South of France." Mateus gritted out.

"But Mattie maybe I like the South of France in the evening." I pouted and huffing like a little kid.