"So any news from Harry and Ron from your side Mione? Harry wrote me yesterday at least."

Hermione smiled, Harry and Ron had not returned, they had gone into the Auror program immediately. But she only got letters from Harry these days, after she and Ron had broken up right after her return to Hogwarts, his letters had dried up.

It was sad, since they had promised to remain friends, and had even maintained it for a few months, but slowly it had stopped. Through Harry she had learned that his new girlfriend felt threatened by Hermione, so she guessed that's why Ron had started to cool their friendship.

She just hoped this girl was worth it, to push your friends away for a temporary relationship was never a good sign or attribute.

"I received a letter from Harry last week Gin, just usual news, Auror training, asking after you..."

Hermione trailed off with a mischievous grin, Harry was planning a Valentine surprise for Ginny, which Hermione was helping him with. And now with the news of the Valentine Ball, it will be all the better!

Just then the great hall was engulfed in shrieks and flapping of wings. Evening Mail was here.

Two letters were dropped by Ginny and one by Hermione, telling by the grin on the other girl's face, the one letter was from Harry.

The owl that delivered Hermione's letter sat perched on her shoulder, she gathered he was instructed to wait for a reply.

Hermione picked up her letter, she did not recognise the handwriting, and there was no seal on.

Frowning she opened the letter.

Dearest Hermione,

This may come as a surprise but bear with me.

I want you to get to know me, but due to events, this may be the only way, via anonymous writing.

I have always noticed you but was prohibited from showing it or acting on it.

So I ended up to be near you in other unconventional ways, it was in our third year that I realised my attraction to you. I hated it, honestly, but could not ignore it, it ate at me till I admitted what it was in the fifth year.

But now I hope for a chance, you see, if you will allow us to communicate and learn more about me, then I can finally reveal to you who I am when you are ready.

I have to say this, there is more to me than what you have gotten to know during our years here at Hogwarts.

You see, to me, you are my Gryffindor Princess, your intelligence I have admired for so long. Your eyes have always looked into the depths of me. Sometimes I would think that perhaps you did see the other side of me, the part I hid.

And you challenge me, when I am close to you, it feels like a fire that runs through my body.

I want to talk to you about intellectual matters, I want to read with you for hours in the library, I want to protect you from all harm.

And I want to kiss your lips and feel you kiss me back.

I have instructed the owl to wait for your response, even if it is only to tell me not to write again.

But my Gryffindor Princess, I won't give up.

Yours,

The Secret Admirer

Hermione gasped, her mouth gaping open. She had a secret admirer? And the way he wrote!

As if he truly knew her, and truly liked what he knew?

Never had anyone said such ardent words to her or made her stomach flutter as she read those words. That was a lie, her stomach fluttered in the proximity of Malfoy, but she discarded it as adrenaline for a possible encounter.

Hermione decided immediately, hastily she grabbed a parchment and quill from her bag and wrote a hasty response.

She did not notice grey eyes staring intently at her from the table next to them.

Dear Admirer,

I must admit your letter took me off guard.

I never realised that there might be someone out there that notices me as you described.

I feel overwhelmed yet very flattered.

Please, I would like to know you?

What can you tell me about yourself?

I give you permission to write to me whenever you want.

Truly,

HG

She sealed the letter and gave it to the little owl, it flew out of the window and Hermione realised it was someone here at school, an eight-year like her, deducing that from his line of 'our third year'.

She glanced covertly at the different house tables, only a hand full of boys had returned for this eight year, surely it won't be so difficult to figure it out?

Ginny had finished her letters, she looked at Hermione and the now closed letter tightly clutched in her hand.

"Who wrote to you, Mione? Did Ron finally break the silence?"

She asked enquiringly, Ginny had made no secret that she thought her brother was a git to have his friends dictated by his girlfriend. She also wasted no politeness in declaring that she already did not like the girlfriend regardless that she is yet to still meet the girl.

"No... It was from a secret admirer..."

Hermione blushed and cleared her throat delicately. She did not lie to Ginny, so she had no qualms confessing to the girl.

Ginny's eyes sparked immediately, then she leant in and whispered to Hermione.

"Ooh, maybe he will ask you to the Valentines Ball!"

Both girls giggled, and Hermione felt yet again the urge to look up at Malfoy.

This time she caught him looking at her, he seemed lost in thought, but then realised she had caught him, he grinned and then winked at her! She gasped, and immediately with a flushed face turned to finish her dinner.

Darn, that man!