New Jersey

Just so you know, I did alter what Gerard told them a bit. Just note, I am not American - so the distances might seem shortened for you; I apologize. My country is tiny!

Chapter Two: Finding her, In New Jersey was easier Than expected.

The drive was relatively quiet, they were sharing stories of random things that happened to them. Derek wasn't one to be sharing things, but admitted he made a fool of himself in front of Paige with his basketball. Which meant he told them the story, his version - the real version. Scott knew it was the reason now, he understood more of Derek he understood him. He had apologized for making him out to be a heartless monster when he really wasn't. He was protecting him from losing himself. 

Derek loosened up, after tellng the story openly sharing stories of where him and Paige went. He told Scott how he met Kate. Scott sighed, when he started talking about the fire, Scott wanted to know - it just made him mad that a man had lost so much in one year - or two, since the whole 'Age is slow' process. He looked to Derek and patted his shoulder, Allison smiled from the back seat. Derek acknowledged it by a half hearted smile. 

Arriving in New Jesery, Derek took another big sigh. "Why would Gerard of all people scare my mother off?" 

"The thought of her surviving kin getting murdered?" asked Allison.

"Maybe, wonder if she has a new family." he sighed, "If it is her, I do doubt it is. And Gerard's sending us on a wild goose chase." 

He looked at the address, then pulled out his phone looking up on his GPS system through his phone,  finding the address it was simple to get there. Sighing handing the phone to Scott to give the directions they headed off in the direction of the home, his hands clenched on the steering wheel, focused  on his breathing so he didn't shift. His eyes dimmed as he gained control. He turned right following Scott's direction. They soon arrived after so many corners. Derek parked the car down a bit more, so it didn't look conspicuous. They all walked toward the house, and he knocked a male just in beach shorts opened the door.

"Does, um, Talia Hale, live here?" asked Derek. shifting in his spot.

The male looked to him, "Yes, but she doesn't use Hale anymore."  

"I need to see her," spoke Derek rather fast and high pitched. 

"Of course. How do you know she was a Hale, she never uses it, she clams up too," spoke the male.

"Does it matter? Who are you?" asked Derek.

"No, I suppose it doesn't. My name is Ricky," spoke the male.

"It'll matter to her, that's what matters. Nice name, this is Scott and Allison, I won't introduce myself to you." snapped Derek. They moved through the house.

"She's at the pool with our son, Ethan," spoke Ricky.

Derek, Scott and Allison glanced at each other. "How old?" asked Allison.

"Three," spoke the male. 

Derek was nervous, this could be his mother. They entered the courtyard, "My parents are here too. By the way." 

Derek rolled his eyes, he was not interested. "Talia, love, someone well, there's people here to see you." 

Talia moved away from the pool, while Ricky went to take over. His parents smiled at her, as she went over. Then froze, when she saw Derek. And Derek gasped. Scott took that as it was his mother. And patted his shoulder. 

"Do I know you? You're so familiar," spoke Talia.

"Hi, Mom," spoke Derek. She gasped more and literally ran and hugged him, Ricky's parents confused. They didn't know why she was running at the man. Derek clung back, a side of him you never see from him. Allison smiled at the gesture. 

"I'm, I'm so sorry I left you all alone. I never stop thinking about you and Laura, Cora too," spoke Talia, "I left to keep you safe, please know that."

He pulled back, shoving his hands into his leather jacket, "Your son, there, replacement of your old family. You don't use Hale anymore."

"For everyone's safety," spoke Talia, "Do you still use it?"

"Derek Hale," he spoke.

Talia sighed, "You're an Alpha, I can smell it."

"Yeah. I killed psycho Peter, then he came back from the dead," mumbled Derek.

Introduced to the new family...

Do they find out the secret?