chapter 5

He dropped me off at home and I walked into my house and I see my mom sitting on the couch with a bunch if papers in her hands. I walked up to her and said hey mom and I give her a kiss and she smiled and said hey sweety dinner is on the Stove. I walked away from her and went to see what she made and of course it was one of my favorites. I grabbed a plate and put the casserole on my dish and grabbed a spoon and went to my room. I put my phone on the charge and I layed on my bed and I started to eat but I heard somebody tapping on my window. I went under my bed and grabbed my medal bet and I started walking slowly to the window. I opened my curtains and the blinds and i seen this little black girl standing at my window. I opened the window and asked what she needed and she said she has been running from some man because he has been following her so I pulled her up threw my window and she looked like she been getting beat at home. She looked at me and I could see the pain in her eyes I told her to sit on my bed and she did. I walked out my room and I told my mom everything that just happened and she said the little girl could stay with us. I smiled and went back in the room to her laying on my bed watching TV. I turned the TV off and I told her she needs to get in the shower. She went in the bathroom and took a shower and came out and I gave her one of my plain white big t-shirts. I got my brush and my flat iron so I could do her hair. She sat on the floor while I plugged in the flat iron and I got a facetime notifaction saying somebody wanted to face time. I picked it up and it was Andre. He said Heyy and I said Heyy and he asked who the little girl was and I said my little sister and he said she was pretty and she smiled. I told him I would call him back when I was done with her hair and he said iight. This little girl had so much hair and it was thick as fuck. So I started piece by piece and kept going.

1 hour later..
I was done with her hair and her edges were slayed. I took a picture of me and her and I put it as my lock screen wallpaper. She smiled and asked could she get a snack so I went in the kitchen and got her some grapes and as I was leaving there was a loud knock at the door. I went to look threw the peep hole but somebody was covering so I asked who is it and nobody answered. So I ran to my room and picked the little girl up and took her to my moms room and I told my mom and my mom grabbed her gun and we went to the door. I asked who it was and nobody answered so we opened the door and nobody was there. My mom looked at me like I was crazy but I swear somebody was there. She went back to her room and I went to get the little girl to come sleep with me. I layed her in my bed and gave her a pillow and a blanket and before she fell asleep she said my name is Christi and I'm 8 years old and I ran away from home because my mom does drugs and my dad beats me when he is mad. I looked at her and said you have nothing to worry about now your safe with me. She smiled and put her arm under the covers and her head on the pillow and she fell in a deep sleep. I grabbed my phone and I looked at the time so I decided to facetime Andre back but when he answered I don't think he meant to because I heard moaning and a girl screaming his name. I hurried up and ended the call and turned and put my arms around Christi and I looked up at the ceiling and I said god please show me a boy who is actually in love with me. After those few thoughts I drifted off sleep.