Chapter 11

11

The boy looked at me and said “My name is Ian.” I smiled at him. “Mine is Carlie.” I said. Looked at him and realized how well I could see his features. He had no zits or black heads. He had perfect skin and he….. He seemed UN human almost…….. Perfect. “I like your kicks.” Ian said. “Thanks, I like yours to.” I said. Ian was wearing black converse with red laces. “So why is a girl like you in a place like this?” He asked. “Well, I wanted to see if my friend was here.” I said and looked down. “Well, is he here?” He asked. He sounded like he cared. Like he was really interested. Not like Taylor used to talk. Taylor talked like he had to ask me those questions, he acted like he didn’t care now that I thought about it. “How do you know if it is a male of a female?” I asked. “I just do.” Ian said.

“Listen that guy over there is a bad guy doesn’t look now but, he looks surprised to see you like….. Um I think that’s the guy you came here to see.” Ian said. He sounded angry. I turned around and there in the corner was Taylor. I looked at him and felt my fangs try to come out. I wanted to kill him. To rip his heart right through my chest. Ian looked at me and said “I know what you are.” I looked at him and smiled. “Ya you do, I am a single girl here at the bar looking for a guy I looked up on the internet for a blind date.” I said. He pulled me out of the bar and we started walking.

I looked at him and saw his fangs come out. “You, you, you can’t be one.” I said. “I am one though…. And that boy that was standing in the corner he is my younger brother.” Ian said. “Good job brother you scared away the one chance you had at taking the remains of her human heart and stop aging.” Taylor said. I turned around and saw him looking at me. “I want to but, I can’t she seems too innocent and...” Ian said. “And what you want to get to know her?” Asked Taylor. “She is a vampire; she can’t do anything for you.” Taylor said. “I don’t know who you think you are but you might want to stop...” Ian was cut off by a large noise. We turned around and saw a man on the floor clutching his side…… and there was a person crouching beside him…… It was Maddie. “Hey sister.” She said. Her fangs gleamed in the moonlight. “Want to play?” she asked.