Chapter 4

Sorry for this chapter taking so long! I have been very busy :D

Again, about lesbians don't read if you're going to be offended.

Enjoy

Bobby's POV

This school was crappier than my last. The walls were stripped bare with a couple of posters advertising after school clubs and auditions for this years new production. Rubbish littered the floors and the classrooms were tiny, but it wasn't just the school that was bad but the people in it. They were all so cliché. There were the the jocks, the popular people who thought they were better than everyone else, the emo's, the geeks... I could go on forever. Why can't people try and defy the labels? Everyone just seemed so boring, but I would soon fix that. I liked to shake up my surroundings a little, cause some harmless trouble...

I used to be one of those people, trapped behind a label but then new years eve 2008 happened. It still hurt to think about it. It changed me. I realised that life was way too serious, we could all get killed tomorrow by genetically altered elephants with machine guns and I didn't want to spend my last day bored and living in everybody else's shadow.

When I first arrived my locker had been bare but in just one day I had transformed it into 'Bobby's grotto'. Handmade paper butterflies hung down from the ceiling so when I opened my locker door they fluttered about absently. Dark blue fairy lights were dotted around randomly making my locker glow like blue kryptonite while song lyrics and sketches littered the inside of the door. When I had finished there was hardly space for my books to fit in.

The crowds of people were slowly thinning out because first lesson was approaching. More and more people started to disappear until only a few of us remained, it seemed we were the rebels of the school. I didn't really want to be late but being the new kid had its advantages.

I was getting ready to find my way to first lesson when the fire exit door swung open and blinding sunlight poured through the corridor. A girl ladled down with bags and folders stood in the doorway casting a long dark shadow in front of me. Time seemed to stand still as her silhouetted figure struggled with her out of control belongings. She was advancing down the hallway stopping every few seconds, picking up items that she dropped. I would have gone to help her but something about the way she looked stopped me. She looked so determined like she had something to prove to the world and I had a feeling that my help would just dent her pride and make her think that she had failed. So I just stood there watching her with idle curiosity. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I failed to notice she was walking in the direction of an open locker door and before I could stop her she was laying spread-eagled on the hard cold floor, her juggling act at an abrupt end.

It was then that I properly saw her face and recognition flooded through me, it was the girl who's butt I saved yesterday during history, I couldn't forget that face. She was pretty, but not in a conventional way. I liked that. I liked how stray bits of hair had escaped her messy bun, I liked how the blush was creeping to the surface of her cheeks as the embarrassment of laying on the floor of the school corridor dawned on her and I definitely liked her flustered reaction when I asked if she was OK.

“Yeah, I'm great thanks. I'm 25 minutes late to my lesson” she said while looking at an imaginary watch on her wrist and propping herself up on the floor with her elbow “I have probably just lost a few thousand brain cells from banging my head on that locker and I just made a complete arse of myself in front of a-” She stopped herself from speaking before she finished the sentence and her face went an even deeper shade of crimson while her hands shot up to cover her gaping mouth. Whatever she was about to say, she didn't want me to hear it. This just made me more curious.

I couldn't help but laugh then, she just looked so cute sitting there- all red and embarrassed. I offered her my hand to help her off the floor and she eyed it cautiously as if I were giving her a dead goldfish. She eventually took it and we looked at each other awkwardly for a few seconds.

“I've got to go, err thanks for helping me up and err have a... good day?” She said the last part as a question as if that was the first thing that popped into her head. She grabbed her things and hurried past me. Poor thing, she looked mortified.

“No problem Grace” I said quietly as she walked off.

Grace POV

Did that really just happen? I can't believe I did that. I walked into a locker door, was helped up by the sexy Bobby from history class and while babbling on nearly told her I thought she was hot. I'm just glad I stopped myself otherwise I would have a whole different situation on my hands. For one thing the entire school would probably know that I was a lesbian by now and I would be stuck in a toilet cubicle punching myself for being so stupid.

I was on my way to class after leaving Bobby standing in the hallway, I was trying to think up an excuse as to why I was late. I had Mr Matthews and I was not his favourite student. So what if I played a few practical jokes on him? They were funny! He shouldn't hold that against me.

I reached my destination and knocked on the closed door. I could see Mr Matthews behind the patterned glass which made his face look scarily distorted, and even though I couldn't see him properly I could tell that he was not a happy man. This lesson was going to be fun...

************

So guys i would love it if you could vote and comment!!! Could really do with some feedback, just don't be rude :) haha