chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of something falling to the floor. When I heard that noise I ran so fast downstairs and I saw the worst thing in my life. My mom was on the floor screaming for her life and my dad was beating her with a belt. I ran to my mom and stepped in front of her and said if you can hit her then hit me and my dad dropped the belt to the floor and walked upstairs. I looked at my mom and she had welps all on her face and arms and legs. I picked her up and took her to the bathroom, and started a warm bath and I put her inside the nice clean water. I heard my dad walking down the stairs so I went and walked out the bathroom and ran down the stairs to see him pulling out of the driveway and I stopped him and said so your leaving?? He said no I'm going to work but y'all have until 5:00 to be out of my house. I moved from in front of his black Mercedes and he sped off down the road.

I walked inside and told my mom everything and she said start packing we are going to move in with grandma. She lives in Atlanta Georgia so let's get started. I went up to my room and started putting all my stuff in boxes.

4 hours later
All my stuff was in boxes and we were packing them in the car and it was almost 5:00. We got in the car and we were pulling out when my dad pulled up with some girl in his car and he parked and went to the other side of the car and opened the door and some Latina lady got out and walked inside the house he walked up to the door and looked out and threw up a peace sign. After that we drove off and never looked back.