Chapter 10

I knocked on Nathan's door. About twenty seconds later he opened the door and when he noticed it was me he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Are you here to tell me you have feelings for him?" he asked.

"No. I'm here to tell you I don't. I used to three years ago before I even knew you but now you're the one I love. I swear."

He smiled. "Okay. I believe you."

"You do?" I asked kind of shocked. I would've thought he wouldn't even though it's the truth.

"Yeah." I smiled and wrapped my arms around him. He hugged me back. "I love you Nathan."

"I love you too." Once we broke apart he pressed his lips to mine. I reacted by wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing back. When we broke apart I saw Kyler standing at the end of the driveway. He had a rose in his hand and a heartbroken look on his face. I thought I saw a tear fall from his eye.

"Kyler, what are you doing here?"

"I followed you to see if I could get you back but looks like he already forgave you."

"I told you I won't get back together with you. I'm with Nathan now. Yeah, I admit that when you went away to college I would pray you'd come back to me and we'd get married but now I'm in love with Nathan."

"It can be that way. We can get back together and be in love and get married. All you have to do is say yes," he said completely ignoring what I said.

"I'm sorry but I don't feel that way about you anymore. I feel that way about Nathan now." Nathan put his arm around me.

"But I love you. I always have. Do you know how much I thought about you in the past three years? Every second. I wish I could've been with you instead of going to college but I just couldn't. College is important to me. But so are you. I didn't even date any girl because I was waiting to graduate and find you again. I didn't go back to my player ways or anything. I miss you."

"Kyler... I love Nathan."

He sighed. "Okay. I guess I blew my chance. I just want you to know that if I could go back to the day I left for college three years ago I would. And I would make it so I would choose you over college. I still love you and I always will until the day I die." That's the last thing he said before he walked away.

I sighed and turned to Nathan. "Let's go inside." We walked into Nathan's house and I felt a tear fall. I wiped it away hoping Nathan wouldn't see but unfortunately he did.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Something's wrong. I can tell." He looked at me with a hurt look on his face. "You lied. You have feelings for him still."

"No, I don't."

"Then why are you crying?"

"Because I feel bad." He gave me a confused look so I continued. "Three years ago when we broke up because he had to go to college I agreed to wait for him to come find me. I waited for him for a little more than a year but he never came. And then when I met you I started to like you and gave up on waiting for him."

"Well you shouldn't feel bad. It's his fault he waited three years to find you."

"I know. I guess I just... I don't know."

"Let's just forget about it. Do you want to go somewhere? Like a movie or something?"

I smiled. "Sure." He put his arm around me and we walked to his car.

The ride was short and quiet. However, when we got seated in the theater we talked a lot.

"I'm sorry," he said.

I looked at him confused. "For what?"

"For not believing you earlier when you told me you don't have feelings for him anymore."

"It's fine. Everything's forgotten."

He smiled. "Good. I love you."

"I love you too." We both leaned in and our lips met.

"We need to pick a wedding date," he said once we broke apart.

"I know."

"I don't want to wait too long to marry you. How about we get married in two months?"

"But that's not long enough to plan the wedding."

"So? We don't need to plan a big wedding. I just want to marry you."

"Really?"

"Really. I need you in my life."

I smiled. "You're sweet." The movie began and he put his arm around me as we watched the film.