Chapter 1: A Fateful Encounter

(thinking back on this, it was a great idea but i should have explained it better. basically your a angle from the land pit is from. pit and dark pit are clones so reasonably they are the same age. in this story they have come of age to learn about selecting life partners essentially palutena wants them to get married. and so the story opens with that meeting between you and them while they are being told by palutena about the heart of angel land running on the love of all the earth's creatures. this by the way is made up because i felt like it. i've never played a kid icarus game so idk)

Angel land had been your home since the day of your birth. Sure you weren't like the other angles you were mostly a free thinker that spent all your time watching the humans below wishing you didn't have so many jobs to do in Angel land. You sigh staring at the water you watch pit as he adventures with his friends on the surface world. Why couldn't you have that? You desperately wanted to but Palutena kept you so busy with work you never even had time to yourself to go explore that world. You sigh again and the reflection fades leaving you staring at yourself. "What I wouldn't give... to go on an adventure like pit..." if there was only one thing you were ever guilty of it was envy. Pit was palutena's favorite angel often you would see them walking alongside each other talking about his many adventures.

You wondered if it was because you had purple eyes that Palutena didn't like you. Because all the other angels had green eyes or blue but only you had purple. You pick up the broom and start on one of your many jobs that would most likely take up your entire day as it always did. As your cleaning you silently wish that Palutena would change her mind about you. "Why does she hate me... I've never done anything to her..." you frown as you sweep the marble floor of the large entrance hall where Palutena likes to hold gatherings. You chuckle to yourself realizing the irony that you often clean the place but never get invited to the party.

Interestingly enough your birthday had been recently and you turned 18. Nobody had remembered not even the so called queen whom you blindly obey and were quick to make up an excuse for her not remembering. 'with so many angels it's not surprising she forgot me.' You walk past the door as Palutena enters the room followed closely by pit. You try to avoid looking but you can't help it.

Palutena: "today is your 18th birthday young pit... and so you have come to the age of maturity."

Pit: *bows respectfully but is brimming with excitement.* "yes my queen. Is that why you have called for me?"

Palutena: "it has come to my attention that you have not yet selected a life partner." *she turns to him with a half smile.*

Pit: *blushes slightly and looks at the floor.* "well I've been busy... you know at the smash hall fighting and stuff... and then saving the world all the time..."

Palutena: *nods* "yes I know... it is time you set that aside though... and find someone with whom you share a deep connection." *she turns to the window and smiles.* "the heart of the city is powered by the love of all beings... those of the earth, those of the sea, and those of the sky... we all power the heart of this land with our love."

You roll your eyes. You've heard this speech a billion times. It's the same crap she tells every other angel on their 18th birthdays. Then she tells them to go and find somebody they care about and be with them for the remainder of their life. You don't buy into that but everyone else can't seem to get enough of it. The moment is interrupted when another darker angel runs into the room and breathing heavily and stops in front of them.

Pittoo: "I'm so sorry I'm late! I got held up..." *this new face joins pit and palutena's conversation.*

You look at this new face slightly confused. Where had he come from? You'd never seen him before? And he looks just like pit... are they twins? You didn't know but it isn't like it mattered. You shake your head and begin the cleaning again. "It doesn't matter how I feel... or if I feel... I'm the only angel in this place who... doesn't belong here..."