Chapter 1

Safe / Chap. 1 ;

'Boys & Girls Basketball Team🏀' Chat Group.

Jake A.A 👊🏼: hello

Jake A.A 👊🏼: trainings are now every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. those who want a study session which Leilani and I will be in-charge of, it is every Tuesday and Thursday and Saturday.

Eliana D. 👒: why do we need so much trainings for

Ölly 👓: Well, co-captain of the basketball team— we suck at basketball. we lost too much last year, we can't lose again this year.

Eliana D. 👒: "we"?? hellooooo , the girls basketball team r fine

Jake A.A 👊🏼: Who tf r u?

Ölly 👓: It's Eliana .

Jake A.A 👊🏼: don't you ever dream of going into WNBA ? You're not that good as you thought you were, Leilani has discussed with the whole team; it's probably you didn't hear it or you don't bother.

Eliana D. 👒 Left The Group

//

It's a Tuesday, lessons went by quickly and i went into the gym to meet up with Jake.

"Hey... Boys?" I walk in where the group of boys are together, talking. "Hey Johnson, you will be the only girl from your team today! Ain't that great?" Olly put up his hand and I high five him and then laugh nervously.

"Why is it great...?" I ask. "You seem to be the most sane one amongst all of them." Quentin says in a blunt tone.

"Well, uh— If you, uh..." I begin stuttering. "You know what, let's just start studying." I took a deep breath in.

"What subjects are you good at?" Jake questions as we sat down on the basketball court.

"Uh..." I set my bag down in front of me, "are you nervous?" Jake laughs, putting his hand up from his knee.

"Yeah she is." My friend who I always play basketball with, for 5 years now, replied for me. I look over at Dan and smiled at him.

"May I ask a question?" Nate raise his hand up. I nodded and took out my books from my bag.

"Who's Eliana, and why is she co-captain?" He questions.

"Uh, well." I scoff.

"I don't really know, but coach and her family are really close." I scratch the back of my head and look down at my books. 

"Well, you're a beautiful captain." Olly states, "thank you." I laugh.

"Boys." Jake warn all of them and shot a glare at Olly.

"Why don't we just get to know each other more, alright?" Nate suggests, and everyone look at me.

"Name, age, birthday, how long have you been playing basketball? Favorite player— mmm, anything else about you that you wanna say." Jake name all the questions down, with his fingers held up.

"Uh.. My name is Leilani Leo Johnson. I am turning 17 on 9th of March. I have been playing basketball since I was 11 years old, I am captain for the girls' team for about two years now. And my favorite player is Kevin Durant and Jimmy Butler. Ahh.." I look up to the ceiling to think of another thing to say.

"Are you single?" Nate raise his right brow at me.

"She is so single." Dan answered for me, "uh—"

"It's your turn," I turn to Jake in a state of nervousness.

"My name is Jake Angel Anderson. I am turning 17 on 8th of March. I have been playing basketball since I was 8, I was nominated captain just last year. My favorite player would be... Kobe Bryant."

"Now, are you single?" Nate questions.

"He doesn't date anyone!" Olly shouts.

"I do, ok... Just not this few years." Jake murmurs.

"Anyway, I am Olly. Just call me Olly. I turned 17 last week, playing ball since I was 14. I am not co-captain, Nate is. My favorite player is Rajon Rondo." It continues on for a while more, we eventually got more comfortable with each other and started doing our work which lasted for like 5 hours.

I shut off the lights in the gym and head outside where I see the boys in the car park.

"Leilani," Jake and I walk side by side.

"Your team has a problem— you're the one who only turned up." He states.

"Maybe they just never check their messages..." I murmured. "Or they're just busy." I added in, along with a shrug.

"Tomorrow we have training, it's bonding session." He says as we walk to the bus stop together.

"Alright." I nodded slightly and look down at my chucks.

He's kind of cute.