20. Stupid Alpha.

Start from the beginning

I knew Aleksy didn't want me that way. He cared for me, he couldn't help it but he didn't want me to be attached to him all his life. He had people to kill, and territories to conquer. His plans never involved a mate and I didn't think it would change. I knew it, and I should have been glad about it. I didn't exactly have plans on sticking around either. Why then was I feeling this sense of loss knowing somewhere down the line he and I would part ways? Would he end up rejecting me once I was safe? He wasn't that stupid, was he? Rejecting your mate was possible but it was highly disrespectful to the moon goddess...not to mention werewolves that spent their lives searching for their mates and never found them. It wasn't that they didn't have mates. It was just that this world was really big so they could literally be anywhere. There was the small fact that rejecting your mate was excruciating. It was like your soul was being ripped apart all over again.

I sighed as I walked down for breakfast. Chad, Alyssa and Jake were there. Aleksy wasn't.

"Big surprise. Cowards, the both of them." My wolf piped up and I smiled. She was a snarky one. She made up for all the sass I lacked.

"They pretend to be so badass but really their just a couple of pu-"

"Okay!!" I said cutting her off.

"You okay Elaheh?" Alyssa asked and I focused on her.

"You look weird," Jake said.

I frowned at him. How would he know? His back was facing me.

"I'm okay, my wolf is just being herself," I said dropping into my usual chair.

"Where did you disappear last night?" She asked me and before I could answer Jake, looking like his usual pretty self, spoke up.

"Yeah, the Alpha was nowhere to be seen either. "

I kept quiet and waited for the pieces to come together in their minds. No doubt they would blow things out of proportion.

Right on cue, Chad let out a low whistle while Alyssa blushed.

"Oh..." was all she said and I rolled my eyes.

"Nothing happened," I said but Chad's eyes travelled down to my neck and he smirked.

"That's not what your hickeys tell me." He said and I gasped, my hand flying to my neck. I blushed furiously while Chad and Jake laughed loudly and Alyssa shared my embarrassment.

"So how was it?" Chad asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Nothing happened!!" I exclaimed but he still looked at me sceptically. "We slept in separate bedrooms!"

Ignoring their laughter, I huffed and buttered my toast. I didn't need this. I didn't need a bunch of bullies going off on me early in the morning. Didn't they know better than to mess with a girl who'd just woken up? Granted, I had been up since six but they didn't know that. I bit off a piece of my toast, shoving a spoon of baked beans into my mouth as well. I was too annoyed to eat like a lady and if I was lucky I'd gross them out of ever eating with me again. So I opened my mouth as wide as I could while I chewed. No one but Alyssa looked like they were going to throw up. I didn't mind her having breakfast with me and I didn't want to gross her out but she was collateral damage.

I polished off whatever was on my plate and headed back to my room. I had training in half an hour. I used some makeup to cover up the hickeys all the while remembering the feel of his lips against my skin. They were so soft for such an angry man. I wondered where all the anger came from.

"He wasn't angry last night." My wolf said and I sighed.

"Why do you choose to stay in the innermost parts of my consciousness and then pop out of the blue? You're so random."