I grin, and the pride I experienced earlier bubbles back up inside; I’M GONNA BE A DADDY!

~*~

Nothing is going to ruin today for me!

Since finding that scan picture, I’ve had this ridiculous grin slapped on my face. I haven’t been able to wipe it off yet.

I don’t want to wipe it off. I’m happy- fuck everyone else.

I’M HAPPY!

I’m the happiest I have ever been; I have a wonderful family, a gorgeous and wonderful mate, an exceptionally selfless and strong woman carrying my son and of course, the son that will lead the pack in maybe 20-30 years.

Nothing, NOTHIN is going to ruin today for me at all.

“Deacon,” Dad rushes into my room, totally ignoring that I’d just got out the shower and was standing butt naked by my walk in wardrobe.

“For fuck sake dad!” I exclaim, covering my dick.

He rolls his eyes, “couldn’t give a shit about your junk right now. Virginia is gonna need you pretty damn soon. Her dad has been given a date for his execution. It’s tomorrow morning.” He expels the information and leaves the room.

Oh shit.

Ahhh fuck.

Forget what I said- there’s always something around to ruin my mood.

And the pack council decided today would be the day they fuck with my good spirits.

Douches.

~*~

Bethany POV

Flat sheets, flannel sheets, fitted sheets…

“What’s the difference?” I whine, staring at the cot sheets in front of me, frustrated with the various assortments.

Mrs Krawley chuckles, “well I would advise fitted sheets. They’re safer, comfier and easier to put on the mattress. But of course it’s your choice. Flat sheets are big cotton sheets that you have to fold under, and flannel are flat sheets but in a different material.”

“Eugh, fitted it is.”

We throw a couple of packs in the already overloaded trolley and continue traipsing around Mothercare; this place sure does have everything.

“Are you sure about paying for all this? It’s going to cost a fortune!” I feel beyond guilty for not paying for my own child’s belongings. I feel like I’m using Deacon’s family when I never expected even a dime from them.

“I insist. Not like my husbands don’t have the money anyway,” she grins audaciously and winks, wandering over to the pushchair section.

Shaking my head and laughing to myself, I follow her over.

This is the worst part of our journey around this giant store; the pushchair/ car seat decision.

Travel system, stroller, prams… all shapes and sizes, add ons and deals; I am way out of my league and have no idea what is the best design, safest, comfiest or the best offer.

“Mrs Krawley, please help me!” I beg, staring with wide eyes at the selection set before me.

“Lizzie, please!” She scoffs, “if you let me help you, I’ll end up picking the pushchair entirely.” She laughs, “It’s got to be your decision.”

“Just choose! I have no idea what’s best. None of this makes any sense to me. I’m way out of my depth here. I’m ready to walk out of the store.” I’m becoming frantic- stupid I know but my inexperience together with a new bout of pregnancy hormones has me falling apart.”

Lizzie looks at me concerned before a flicker of understanding enters her gaze, “24 weeks?”

I nod, not getting her question.

“New bout of hormones yeah?”

I sigh and nod, admitting defeat.

“Don’t worry about it. I remember with mine I went off at Dean and Holden every chance I could! I cried once because I couldn’t see my feet. It was awful…” Lizzie smirks, rolling her eyes- I could come to like this woman-, “and yet I did it over and over…”

“They’re all worth it though, right?” I ask.

“Every single one of our children was worth the hell I went through. My children are my world. I love them more than I could even convey. Only when you hold your son will you see it… feel it. Understand what I’m trying to say. It’s overwhelming but so beautiful.”

I grin, wondering how it’ll be for me. I can’t wait to meet my little boy. It’s going to be the most amazing experience in the entire world… scary but amazing.

“Right, pushchairs!” Lizzie claps her hands excitedly and patiently walks me through each and every design as though she knows them by name and design; this woman is a godsend!

We end up arriving back at Deacon’s home… my new home is round the back, at the very end of the giant garden.

My new home…

I can’t even explain how much Lizzie spent on my baby -and me for that matter; she bought everything for the baby, but some maternity wear and items I’ll need after giving birth.

Until our shopping trip I never knew how gross pregnancy and delivery actually is! Yeugh, bleeding and leaking boobs and nipple creams…

Why didn’t my mum warn me about this stuff?

I am so far out of my depth it frightens me!

The birth is just around the corner and I’m just not ready. I haven’t taken any classes, I know nothing about babies. I have never changed a nappy, made a bottle or been around children, let alone babies.

Freak out of the century about to commence; for your own safety, please keep your distance.

I CHANGED THE COVER RECENTLY, BUT I'M LOOKING FOR A FAN MADE COVER.

(LIKE I DID WITH MY DOM OR MY MATE)

PLEASE EMAIL IN YOUR COVER IDEAS TO...

jazzi_fizzle@hotmail.co.uk

THE COVER WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE 1ST AUGUST. 

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR WATTPAD NAME IN YOUR EMAILS; YOUR NAME WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE CHAPTER I POST AFTER THE COVER IS CHANGED AND YOU WILL RECEIVE A DEDICATION.

GET THEM IN GUYS!! :D