I Need You

Chapter 35
I could feel the sun beat down on my face, the subtle breeze from the fan above, a blanket resting on top of me, a protective arm pulling me closer, but most of all I could feel eyes boring into the side of my face.

"Harry, I can feel you looking at me." I giggled quietly. It didn't bother me though, it created a sense of safety. I knew as long as I had him here with me, nothing could hurt me.

"Sorry, I just can't grasp the beautiful sight in front of me." Harry sent me a cheeky wink before kissing my cheek. I felt my heart flutter with his words, a feeling I never wanted to get used to.

A faint smile played on my lips, but quickly disappeared when I realized I had work today. "I have to go. Work calls." I mumbled, my eyes still tightly closed.

"When do you get off?" Harry asked, his voice muffled against my neck. Everywhere his hot breath reached was replaced with goose bumps.

"Five." I groaned. I turned to face the curly headed boy, taking in his features before reluctantly getting out of bed. I grabbed a white top, denim skinnies, and black Oxford flats. It took me all of five minutes to throw everything on and do the minimum amount of makeup. "I'll see you later, baby." I planted a soft kiss on his lips before walking out the door.

I did my usual routine, stuck my headphones in and let the music blare. 'We are Young' by FUN happened to be the song of choice today, my feet instantly walking to the beat. Nate Ruess' voice flittered around in my head, blocking out the rest of the world. I closed my eyes in pure bliss, regretting it immediately when I bumped right into someone. I yanked my headphones out and apologized over and over, not yet looking up to see who it was.

"Don't apologize." I felt my whole body freeze. That voice, I would recognize it anywhere. The voice that haunted me everyday for years. The voice that yelled countless degrading things at me. The voice that I tried to get away from. "It's good to see you, Thea." I gained enough courage to look up at the man. The scruff around his chin getting a bit long, eyes blood shot, a smirk playing on his lips. I weighed my options here, debating on whether or not to run, but all those options were shot down when Steve threw a bag over my head and picked me up. I let out a strangled scream, but I knew no one heard me. I was on one of the more barren streets.

It only took a couple of steps before I was thrown into the back of what I assume was a van from the harsh metal that collided with my back and head. I felt someone grab my hands and tie them behind my back with some unknown substance. The steady tears started to roll down my cheeks. I heard the van hum to life, and before I knew it, we were driving down the road.

When the van finally stopped, I forced the tears to stop as well. There was no way I was giving Steve the satisfaction of making me cry.

"Let's go bitch." I heard Steve spit. I felt a hand tangle in my hair, but in no way was it comforting. He pulled me out, ripping strands from my head. So bad I wanted to let out a cry, but refused. "I'll teach you to fucking leave me again." I could tell we were in some sort of house now from the way the footsteps changed from slapping concrete to slapping plush carpets.

I heard a door open before I was thrown down on something. It wasn't the floor, too short of a fall, but it wasn't anything soft, so I assumed it was a chair of some sort.

"Bitch." Steve muttered before I felt his fist against my jaw. A horrible cracking could be heard. My jaw felt like it was on fire, my cheek throbbed in pain. "Fucking think you can leave me." His voice laced with venom. I felt another pain, this time in my ribs.

I felt a hand pull off the cover over my head, before I was blinded with light. It took a minute to adjust, but when I did, I could see Steve towering over me. His eyes black and bloodshot like before. He had a conniving smile, like he was satisfied. "Think." Slap. "You." Slap. "Can." Slap. "Come." Slap. "To." Slap. "London." Slap. "To." Slap. "Escape." Slap. "Me." Punch. Blood trickled from my nose, a constant flow. No doubt it was broken. I heard someone call for Steve, much to my relief. "I'll pick this up later." He reached behind me and untied my hands. "Think of leaving, and I'll kill you and everyone you love." I kept my face blank, aware that if I made the slightest movement, he would win. After he left, the feeling in my jaw and stomach numb from adrenaline.

I waited a good five minutes before pulling out my phone. I had a full battery so it would last a few hours. I immediately went to my texts and composed a new one to Harry.

To:Hazza<3
Hey babe ... I don't know what's going to happen, but I love you .

I could feel more tears fall as I hit the send button. Almost instantly I got a text back.

From:HazzaWhat do you mean? You're at work aren't you?

Before I could respond Harry called. I was glad it was on silent in case anyone was close enough to hear.

"Hello?" I whispered, though it came out as a strangled sob.

"Thea, what's wrong? Where are you? Why are you whispering?" Harry asked. The concern laced in his voice was more than detectable.

"Harry, I love you." I choked out. "St-Steve found m-me."

"Where are you? Where did he take you?"

"I don't know, Harry. I-I have to g-go. He's coming b-back. I love you so much, Harry." I sobbed.

"I love you, Thea. I'll find you, baby." Those were the last words before I hastily hung up my phone. The slow, agonizing footsteps approached the room I was in. The door swung open showing a pissed off Steve.

"You fucking bitch." He spat, throwing me on the floor. "I don't know how you did it, but now there are fucking police looking for me!" He yelled, his voice filling the quiet space. "I should fucking kill you right now." He whispered before his boot collided with my ribs. Numerous times this happened, a faint cracking noise could be heard every now and then. What surprised me, causing me to scream out in agonizing pain was when his boot slammed into my face. I knew, no doubt, bones broke.

I looked up and saw in his pocket a shiny object. It didn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what it was.

"In fact," Steve smirked, pulling the knife out of his pocket, "I just might kill you right now, or... I could let you suffer." He grabbed my leg and held the knife against it, pausing before slicing tortuously slow. Extreme pain overwhelmed my body with each cut. My vision started to get splotchy after six cuts, but I refused to let my body pass out.

After umpteen more cuts up and down both my thighs, Steve finally left. Blood pooled around me, some from my legs, some from my face, and some from my mouth. My body felt physically degraded.

I grabbed my phone from my back pocket, dialing Harry's number and resting it on my ear. I knew I didn't have much time left, my body becoming more and more weak by the second.

"Thea, baby?" Harry's voice answered. It sounded rough and husk like he had been crying.

"H-Harry," I whispered. I took in a sharp breath, the pain excruciating. "I... I don't kn-know how long I have. I-I just wanted to tell y-ou I love you."

"No, Thea, please. Please hang on. We think we've found the house. Thea, I need you to hang on. Please, Baby. Do it for me." I could hear the sobs Harry was trying to hold back. "I love you, Thea. I need you." He whispered.

"I know, but-" I let out a strangled cough, blood spluttering out of my lips. "I don't think I can hang on any longer." My vision was blurry from the tears brimming in my eyes. I could feel the life slipping from me. "I love you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well darn .... Please let me know what you think of this ! I REALLY need to know . I feel like it was horribly written ....

I tried my best to write , but I've felt like crap all week , and so I've written bits and pieces .

Funny story to lighten the mood !
So yesterday I went out to town, and I took the train ... Well there was this girl ... HOLY JESUS ! Hair .... Under her arms . It was like a rain forest ... And her legs . I thought she was a man at first ! And then there was this guy ... Butt hanging out like there was no tomorrow . It was not a pretty sight .

VOTE and COMMENT please ? ☺☺

Love you all my darlings ! 😁

-Sierra