Ch.38 Glowing rose

After escaping the Jabberwock's castle, Kitty teleported everyone into a room in the Queen of Hearts castle.

"Ok" Kitty said as everyone broke away "That took a lot of power".

Bunny and Maddie then set a weak Alistair on a sofa chair and he draped his body against it. Darling took his heart from Kitty and went to him.

"Ok Alistair" she said "This may feel weird".

She then pushed his heart through his chest as he cringed. Darling placed the heart back and pulled her hand away.

"Feel better?" she asked.

"Yeah" he said as he raised himself up.

"Now I've been wanting to ask you this" Bunny said "But what made you decide to go off on your own and leave us behind?"

"Oh, it was because the moonstone was glowing" he pulled out the moonstone pendent that wasn't glowing anymore.

"It glowed?" everyone gasped.

"Yeah, and I followed the light and it lead me to the Jabberwock's castle, you guys know what this means?"

"That curiosity does lead you to trouble?" Kitty said.

"Not that, my mother is somewhere in that castle!"

Everyone gasped.

"It was glowing the brightest when I was in that castle" Alistair said "She's in there!"

"But, where?" Maddie asked "We didn't see her".

"Now that I don't know, but I know she's somewhere in there, I felt it, but I don't understand how I couldn't find her, it felt like she was right in front of me".

"Well that's odd" Chase said.

"Do you have any idea where she could be?" Lizzie asked.

"Not really, but get this, yesterday, I talked to the Evil Queen".

"The Evil Queen?!" everyone gasped.

"How?" Maddie asked.

"She was in a mirror, and she tried to persuade me to get her out, but of course I didn't, but I did find out that she did something to my mother which is why she never came back from her mission".

Everyone gasped.

"I don't know what she did, but she said that if I let her out she'll tell me where my mother is, but I didn't do it, I couldn't trust her".

"Well it's good that you didn't let her out" Darling said.

"Yeah, but now I may not know where my mother is" he said with a sad look.

Bunny put her hands on his shoulder.

"What else did she say to you?" she asked.

Alistair gave a sad sigh.

"She said that if I didn't help her, then I would spend the rest of my life as a hopeless orphan" he said sadly.

The Wonderland girls sat around him and comfort him.

"You're not an orphan" Lizzie said as she rubbed his arm.

"I kinda am actually" he said with a depressed look "My mom is the only family I have left".

"That's not true" Bunny said "You do have a family, you have us".

"Yeah" Lizzie agreed "Friends are your family too".

"We're all your family" Maddie said "In fact, the whole Wonderland realm is your family".

"We helped raise you to become the amazing guy you are" Kitty said with a small smile.

"So don't think you don't have a family" Bunny said "Cause we're your family".

Alistair gave a small smile.

"Thanks guys" he smiled "You're all the best family I could ever wish for".

He then stood up as they all went into a group hug. Alistair felt glad to have his friends by his side, and he knew that they were his family.

(10 years ago) The Jabberwock, the feared dragon of Wonderland flew in the afternoon sky over the fields of Wonderland gazing upon the sightings. So far he hasn't seen any living things, not even Alice, the heroine who had battled against him years ago in order to protect Wonderland. And even though Alice didn't manage to kill him, he knew that he was the most feared and dangerous in Wonderland, and nothing could stand in his way, well except the Vorpal Sword, his only weakness, even a single touch of the steel could burn his skin. But after the battle, he has been wanting to get his revenge on Alice, but he knew that if he went against her again, she will use the Vorpal Sword on him again.

The Jabberwock then flew down upon an empty field and stretched his wings out, he felt that he needed a break from flying. He then spotted a dandelion growing on the grass. He sniffed it and felt a tingle in his nose, he then let out a loud sneeze as a glob of his snot shot onto the dandelion. He sniffed as he walked pass the weed, not knowing that his poisonous snot had caused the dandelion to grow sharp teeth as it's weed began to grow, and soon more flowers with teeth and larger weeds with thorn grew. After it finished growing, there was now a new garden of Wonderland, a dangerous garden.

The Jabberwock wandered across the field, looking for something to destroy or eat. But just when he couldn't find anything, he soon came across a glowing red rose in the ground. He's never seen a flower like this in Wonderland, so he went closer to it to get a better look. The glowing rose twinkled like fireflies as he took a sniff of the flower. Suddenly he began to feel tired, he felt his eyes starting to close as he gave a yawn. He then stretched out his legs and he curled himself up into a comfortable position and fell asleep. At that point, a swirl of purple light appeared next to him, and when they went away, there stood the Evil Queen. He looked at the sleeping Jabberwock with an evil look on her face.

"Well do I have plans for you" she said with a sneaky smile.