Stable. -|1

Stable.  -|1

___________________

Gasping for air, my eyes shot open. My body was supported upon a stainless steel table. Immediately my nipples became erect as the blood pumped circulation to them due to the cold contact with the steel. As I laid weak on my stomach the feeling of a sheet covered my butt, while hanging lifelessly on either side of the table. From what I could see the room was a crisp white, with medical machines resting silently all throughout. I blinked several times trying to make out where I was. My head pounded with an angry force as I tried to raise it  a little higher but was to weak to master.

The sound of foot steps and wheels echoed from my left side. Gently closing my eyes, I laid as if lifeless on the table. The sound of a code being accepted sounded as the doors unlocked and opened. Several foot steps entered the room and within an instant the room was alive.

  "Nurse Foremen, go ahead and push the cart on the right side of the table."

The wheels sounded again as the nurse made their way to my right side. Drawers on the cart opened and closed as if the person were searching for something. My left ear made out the sound of latex glove being applied; as well as quick writing on a clip board. The feeling of a finger ran from the beginning of my spine, to the end. Once reaching the end, they massaged in a circular motion.

  "Spine is correctly balanced."

The sound of more writing took place once again. My mental was beginning to register this as a physical. But I was wondering why I wasnt knowingly awake for it? The fingers then moved its way to both the sides of my neck. This time both index fingers massaged in a circular motion. Slowly removing their hands, foot steps sounded, as if taking a step back.

  "We have a pulse."

More writing. My body wanted to open my eyes, but the fear of not knowing what was to happen frightened me a little.

  "Well team, lets make our report. Another live and stable one." More writting took place.

   "Dr.?" The nurse from my left sounded sweet and innocent. I craved to match a face with the voice. But that feeling of fear struck at me again.

  "Yes Nurse Foreman?"

  "How long will this go on?"

  "I don't know. But if they keep making progress like this, it seems that it may go on for awhile."

My ears stretched for more conversation but none came. The placement of a plastic wrist band was secured around my right wrist. The nurse gently laid my arm back at my side, my eyes flew open but within seconds they were closed again. Welcoming a familiar site, the complete darkness.

_______________________________________________________________

Comments! Votes!