It was then that I opened my eyes in alarm, realizing I had no idea where I was. All I saw was the ceiling made of dark wood. All I felt was the softness of the sheets against my body. My head felt heavy when I sighed and dared to move one hand and explore the rest of the bed before having a panic attack like any woman who wakes up in a strange bed with a strange man in a strange place after the strangest night.

"Hi," a male voice said from next to the bed and reassuringly outside of it.

I turned my head to stare at him, and there he was: gorgeous, shirtless, and once again displaying the most amazing smile I could have ever imagined. Was it possible for him to be even more gorgeous in the sunlight? Apparently yes. And why was he shirtless?

"Hungry?" he asked, trying to get an answer from me. "Do you remember what happened last night?"

"No," I answered with difficulty. I was beginning to panic, thinking about how I usually look in the morning, with my hair a mess and wake-up face.

Seriously! Was I crazy? I was thinking about how I looked when I was in an unfamiliar house, in the bed of a man whose name I didn't even know.

"You fainted outside the bar. I brought you to my house," he explained.

I remained quiet, looking at his happy smile. I didn't share his happiness. I was still assessing if I was safe or not.

"Where are my things?" I asked. I was self-conscious about having been carried around by him and not even waking up. I should have known better than to let my guard down.

That had never happened before, though. I had pushed myself too hard the past few days. How could I be so stupid? My mind was like a symphony of reprehension, and I had to focus to stop the noise. I focused on him: on his amazingly sexy lips that were moving to reply to me. I swallowed hard when my mouth began to tingle with the urge to kiss him. I was losing it, no doubt.

"There." He pointed. "You are safe, and I didn't touch anything. You can clean yourself up and change clothes in the bathroom if you want."

I looked to where he was pointing, understanding by the look of the space that he had put me in his bed after removing my leather coat. I breathed deep, aware that worse things could have happened. Having a sexy Greek god bringing me to his home and putting me in his bed wasn't one of them. It was actually kind of nice of him. A strange kind of nice. Then I remembered, he was the sheriff.

I pursed my lips, lost in my thought. He would probably have a lot of questions for me. Or was he just thinking that he could get lucky? Probably the second option, I decided, since he did try to pick me up at the bar.

Nevertheless, he had been respectful enough and helped me. I couldn't be ungrateful to him. But where had he slept? And why was he shirtless, showing off his perfect abs and breathtaking chest? It was getting hard to concentrate and speak.

"Do you remember what happened outside the bar before you fainted?"

He wanted to know if I remembered the mean vampires that wanted to attack me and suck my blood. If I remembered them bursting into flames. It was normal for his kind to fear being discovered. Especially since I expected him to think that I was human and didn't know anything about the supernatural beings. I had to play the naïve card. I couldn't blow my cover.

"Everything is blurry. How much did I drink?" I asked, sitting against the headboard of the bed and trying to fix my messy hair.

"We'll talk about that later," he answered. He was staring right into my eyes, seeming intrigued and actually concerned about my well-being.