Where it Begins Pt. 2

After a few months, I had planned my escape. The men who contained me for the most part were about to come and get me. I played like I was weak and helpless, but had gathered enough strength to overcome them. As they were reaching to unlock me, I lunged, breaking the chains and knocking them to the wall.

It wouldn't be long before more could arrive and I would be sedated if they decided to. That would not happen if I had a choice in the matter. However, I'm making my escape either way. As I ran down the hall, I tried to make sense of it all. They say to look for the light, but in this building, there are lights everywhere and it's hard to find the sunlight.

Growling, I turned another corner and found more men. "Stop her!" one yelled, and I turned to run the other way, my blonde hair flowing behind me. I was tall and lean for my age, and to this day I still am.

I had found my true exit, and ran for the trees as long as my legs could carry me. Finally, I had lost them, I could be free to do as I pleased, which would be to find my home now. My family is gone, but my name carries some weight to it. I had phased in some point of time, unknowingly, and wandered the forest for a while.

About two and a half hours into the wandering, I found a town, unaffected by my wolf form. I must have looked pretty pathetic to the butcher because he offered me some meat, free of charge. "Poor beast," he said, "you must have escaped from the institute in the next town over. It's a shame that they dare play God... One would think God himself would strike them dead." He was kind, and I had phased back to human.

"Thank you...sir...for your kindness... Indeed, I escaped... Barely. I need shelter... Just until I can make it to Queen's Crossing... Tell me, how far is it?"