“Hey guys, I’m Ed.” everyone cheered louder and Nicole grabbed my hand. I noticed Ed look over at us and smile. I’m pretty sure Nicole had a heart attack right about then.

Ed was just amazing. He interacted with the fans so well, and you can tell he loves what he’s doing. He kept glancing at me and smiling, giving me butterflies and making Nicole cry.

In the middle of his song ‘Autumn Leaves’, he walked over to the end of the stage where we were. Nicole practically squeezed the life out of my hand, but I didn’t mind.

He smiled at me, then knelt down and took Nicole’s hand. I lifted her up on stage for Ed. He put an arm around her shoulder and knelt down to be closer to her height. He sang to her while she cried.

After the song, he hugged her and told her he loves her. Then he walked her back to me. She jumped off the stage and ran into my arms. She was one of the sweetest fans I have ever met!

I awed silently and just rubbed her back while she cried. Ed looked down and gave a really soft smile.

“Now I’m going to sing a new song. I haven’t played it for anyone yet, so I hope it’s good. It’s called ‘Miss You’.” He started strumming his guitar, and then stared at me when he sang the first line. The thing is, he never looked away. It was like we were the only people there. I felt connected to him, and I knew he felt the same. I knew the song was for me, and I know he wrote it when we weren’t together.

Shock, horror, I'm down,

 Lost, you're not around

 There's a lump in my chest

 That sends cold through my head, and

 My mind shuts sound out

 I'm on auto-pilot,

 And my tongue's gone silent

 Just switch it off and lay it down,

 Lay it down next to me.

 I don't know when I lost my mind

 Maybe when I made you mine, whoa-oh-oh-oh

 I don't know when I lost my mind

 Maybe it was every time

 That you said, you said, you said

 That I miss you and I miss you

 These words mean nothing to me

 I'm just sitting on a fence of how it used to be

 These three words are aching,

 Constrict them- suffocating

 My mind is racing

 With the picture I'm painting

 And my belly's sick to it's stomach

 When I remember all the times he was with you when you laid it down

 You lay down next to me.

 I don't know when I lost my mind

 Maybe when I made you mine, whoa-oh-oh-oh

 I don't know when I lost my mind

 Maybe it was every time

 That you said, you said, you said