First Part* (1/2)

Start from the beginning

"So did your mom ever make you your dress?" Avery asked.

"Yeah she did!" I said.

"And..." she prodded I shook my head even though I knew she couldn't see me.

"And...you're going to have to wait till tomorrow night to see it."

"What? But I'm your best friend! Don't I at least get a little peak?" she begged, I could practically see her hand tightening around the phone.

"Nope sorry Ave!"

"You suck!" she exclaimed.

"I'll give you a clue, it's nice and simple and not over the top."

"Kari..."

"Yeah?"

That doesn't help!" she yelled. I laughed as she grumbled on the other line.

"Whatever, well I have to call josh now, sooo..."

"Oh! Alright bye!" I hung up and dialed Josh next. He answered on the first ring and I smiled to myself.

"Hey!" I said.

"Hey Kari, what are you doing tonight?" He asked.

"Well I was planning on having a night out to myself why?"

"Oh never mind then, I was just wondering. So tomorrow do I have to take pictures?" he chuckled.

"Well only if you don't want my mom to murder you?" I said laughing.

"Damn your right, guess I actually do have to dress up."

"Wait, were you planning on wearing jeans or something?" I asked surprised.

"No silly I was just messing around." He said laughing. I fixed myself up again on the bed and lay on my stomach.

"Good! What are your plans for tomorrow?"

"Well I'm going to go to school then come home and get ready, then I'm going to go pick up the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen."

"Who's that?" I said laughing.

"It's a secret."

"Oh okay, well I have to go, I want to go on a jog through the park before it gets dark."

"Alright, see you tomorrow..."

"Yeah, bye." I hung up and stood up, my stomach hurt from all the pressure I put in it. As I looked for a sweater I wondered about tomorrow night. Was it going to be as crazy as everyone always says it is? Or is it going to be the worst night ever? I sighed then took my iPod. I put it on shuffle and stepped out into the late afternoon where the sun was just setting. The wind was at a temperature where it felt wonderful on your face as you ran on a cool night.

The park was almost empty with only leaves falling in piles. I looked straight ahead and noticed that the street seemed to stretch into infinity.

So I ran.

Have you ever felt so hurt, so pained, that you couldn't help but want to run and never come back? Well that's what I was doing. I ran and ran. I didn't stop once to even catch my breath until minutes later I found myself in front of Daniel's doorway. I looked up at the house, Avery wasn't home because she had her nightly date with Aiden and their parents work all the time. Only a single light was on in the kitchen, and I knew it was Daniel. So how could I be so stupid? I don't even remember walking up to his doorway and ringing the doorbell. But just as I pressed it and the loud ding-dong echoed my brain finally caught up with me. I realized my mistake and almost turned around to hide but Daniel was already staring at me in surprise.