Tall White Chocolate (AU) @Ciaoniccie

Harry POV

I click on the car alarm before shoving the keys in my jacket. Watch says I'm thirty minutes early and now I just want to get it over with. The door swings open just as I'm stepping up to hold it for the couple, and to my surprise, Starbucks isn't as slammed as I thought it would be. Standing in line, I pull out my friend's text to verify the time. Liam arranged for us to meet here, ignoring my suggestion for a group gathering. Then without any exchange of numbers or pictures, all I'm told is that she'll be wearing a red sweater. This is exactly why I don't do blind dates.

Returning a smile to the cute cashier, she hands over my change and I quickly drop it in the tip jar. I step aside and wait for my beverage all the while scanning the place for seating. There are few empty tables in the center though I prefer the window. Spotting one, and making my way to claim the area with my jacket, I notice a student to my left buried deep in his books. To my right hides a woman behind her laptop. It would be wise to face the door but watching this guy will only stress me out more.

"A grande mango-passion fruit iced tea for Harry."

After grabbing my drink, I move the chair to face the glass aperture. The more I check my wrist the more I want to leave, suddenly not in the mood to meet someone new. Counting cars as they exit the drive-thru, I think I could make a run for it but it's too late now.

Texting to kill the time, my eyes drift to catch a glimpse of bare legs before looking back down. I take another sip, playing with the straw in the corner of my mouth, and let my eyes wander once more. Those knees are staring back at me and I can't look away. Licking my lips, tasting the mango fusion, I quickly glance above the table. And to my dismay, she's actually very pretty.

I catch myself gawking but at the same time I want to get caught. Pretending to occupy myself with the phone held higher, I spy on her for longer periods furthering my distraction and intrigue. Dark brunette, hair braided to the side with bangs falling over her eyes, she sits motionless. I can't tell if she's a college student or young teacher. Whatever she is, she has to be older. The girls my age are excessive and attention seekers. Not only does she seem unaware of the people around her, she also makes no eye contact, completely engrossed in her assignment.

Her legs cross and I glance at her plain black shoes. I can't tell what she's wearing exactly, some sort of wool dress, but her eyes haven't looked up from the screen, not once. I watch her lean back and tilt her head, crossing one arm under her chest while the other hand touches her chin. It's clear to see she's reading her work and I have no interest whatsoever until she catches her bottom lip and pulls it into a smile.

Her fingers slowly swipe across the redness of her teethmarks and my brows tighten. She's fucking caressing her jawline and I'm wondering what the hell is making her do that. I catch her legs curl beneath the chair and a hand drop to her thigh, studying her fingers as they spread and glide down to her knee. I really want to know what the hell she's reading now. Phone screen says it's fifteen minutes till three, till my date. What if I don't find her attractive? What if I have a better shot at talking with this other woman?

Lost in my thoughts while gazing at her stems, I swallow hard when our eyes meet for a split second. Not sure who was the first to look away, I'd be a coward if I didn't try again. Observing once more, she's sitting upright with her hands upon the table. Her sights sway across the keyboard with a grin slowly approaching, and I can't help think that it's for me.

Just then her cell rings and she gives me a glimpse before answering. It seems like an important call as she lowers her laptop screen and stands. After signaling the girl at the register, and pointing towards her table, she walks in direction of the restrooms. I'm assuming they know each other but this poor girl is about to get hit; there's easily a dozen preppy students sure to pay a fortune but leave no tips.