1 | run

Day 1I run down the street as quickly as I can, trying to keep my poor excuse of a backpack from falling off

Day 1
I run down the street as quickly as I can, trying to keep my poor excuse of a backpack from falling off. I clutch it to me while running as if I was hunted by my worst nightmare. I swear with this speed I could win a marathon. I am not missing the bus again. I narrow my eyes at the green bus, and focus on just getting there. I can't afford to be late for work again. I literally can not afford it, 'cause if I lose this job, then I have no money and soon no appartment.
"WAIT!" I call out when I'm closer.
The lights were blinking, and I push myself further than I thought was possible. I nearly crash into the closed doors. I knock on them and get the attention of the bus driver. He smiles at me before pushing a button that made the doors open.
"Thank you..." I breath out, walking on to the bus while trying to catch my breath.
"No, problem," the young bus chaffeur says. "Where to?"
I can't anwer right away because of my breathing. I use the small railing as support. I really should start working out more. Gee, this is embarrassing. I meet the brown eyes of the chaffeur, who was waiting oddly patiently. Most of them where in such a rush to get to the next stop.
"Anderson's Road," I finally manage to say, and he taps something at the small screen in front of him. I hand him the money, which he counts before putting inside the brown, leather, bag of money.
When he is about to give me the change back, I hold up a hand, shaking my head. "Keep the change." I can't start messing around with more stuff now, 'cause I'll just end up losing all the change on the floor of the bus. Believe me, it's happened before.
The chaffeur smiles, making dimples appear on each side of his lips. I smile back before taking a seat.

---