chapter 5 secrets untold

We climbed out of the car on to the soft, wet grass. It was cold, I didn't have my sweatshirt which was still in my suitcase and I was too tired to retrieve it. As I walked across the cold grass, I shivered, I felt goosebumps run down my spine. Hunter soon noticed me rubbing my skin and placed his own jacket from a championship football game in Virginia, on my shoulders. I quickly thanked him for his kindness and he smiled at me to try and help me recover from the awful fight.
We sat down on a huge, flat rock and Hunter looked in my eyes and I stared to bawl. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. The feel of his soft lips pressing against my forehead helped me get a grip and soon stopped crying. He gently stroked my cheek with his index finger and I felt a strong sense of security.
...
He asked if I was okay, I told him the truth,I wasnt. I told him everything that happend. The argument, the yelling, the screaming... The punch.
Hunter looked at me like I had four heads, and he simply said: "he hurt you, he hurt my girl.", "he hurt the one person in my life that really loves me for who I really am." He told me something he never did before, he told me he had a sister."Had?", I asked. He responded with a small mumble of "yes". I looked at him to see if his eyes were tearing... They were.
Apparently, his little sister died when she was six. They were at there grampas cabin in the Poconos and they were about to go swimming in the lake near the cabin. She fell in... And Hunter couldn't pull her out. He tells me she's the reason he pushes himself to limits, to do as much as he can. To run as fast, to do as many pushups. Everything. As much as possible.