Chapter 1

"-so to conclude my presentation, that is how to avoid being abducted."

"Fox Mulder, when I said you can choose the topic, I meant it had to be related to chemistry."

The whole class snickered, but Mulder just smiled and tapped his papers on the teacher's desk. "Sorry, Ms. Linger," He apologized. "But to be fair, aliens have to do-"

"Mr. Mulder." The teacher sighed, exasperated. "If you don't have a new presentation by the end of the week, I'm giving you a zero." Mulder nodded and walked back to his seat.

"Good goin' Spooky." Brad Fullmer sneered, causing Mulder to glare at him in return. When he sat down, Scully gave him a confused look. How the hell could Mulder have expected the teacher to accept a presentation about aliens?

"Fox-"

"Don't call me Fox." He said, shaking his head and waving his arms around. Scully just stared at her partner. Ms. Linger just switched everyone's lab partner yesterday, and so far, she didn't like the outcome.

"Alright, uh-"

"Mulder."

"Fine, whatever. Ok Mulder, as I was saying, how did you think giving a presentation about aliens was a good idea?" Mulder just smirked. "I totally forgot about the project till this morning. The entire presentation was from the top of my head." He tapped his head with his chewed up pencil and smiled proudly.

Scully just shook her head and scoffed. "Aliens." She muttered to herself, wondering how on earth Mulder could believe in such a silly concept. She looked at him and sighed. He wore a sweater with little UFOs all over it. On his back were two sticky notes saying "Alien Freak" and "Spooooooky"

"Oh!" Mulder whipped around to face her, not noticing that she was trying to take the sticky notes off. "Were you paying any attention? To my presentation I mean, it looked like you were sleeping, cause you need to know this stuff! I mean what's gonna happen if you get abducted-" in the middle of his sentence, the bell rang and the students sprung from their seats and dashed towards the door.

Scully slowly stood up and began to pack her backpack. As she walked towards the door, she heard someone call, "Scully, wait!" She turned around and raised an eyebrow at Mulder. "Scully?" Mulder just shrugged. "I dunno, it sounds cool." She furrowed her eyebrows and slowly nodded, she had never been called Scully before.

"Anyways, I-"

"Dana?!" The two looked towards the door to see Monica Reyes, Scully's best friend, poke her head through the door. She walked into the class and literally dragged Scully away. "I swear, we're gonna be late to English!" As she was being towed away, Scully looked back to see Mulder shoving a piece of paper in his satchel. "No worries," he called. "It was a step to step guide of what to do when you encounter an alien, but I'll give it to you tomorrow!"

As the two girls ran to English, Monica asked, "Why were you talking to... Spooky?" Scully just shrugged as she walked into the classroom just in time. "He just started talking to me, I barely even know him."

Monica shook her head and say down. "He's weird." Scully nodded and sat down next to her. "Very."

I hope you guys liked the first chapter!! This is my very first X-Files fanfic, so some suggestions or kind criticism would be much appreciated.

As I wrote this I was listening to the X-Files theme song 😂

Oh! And also be sure to check out my other stories.

The truth is out there...
-Agent Colburn 👽