Hollywood Heights- Just Friends

Chapter 1- Happy New Year

Lorens POV-

I can’t wait to see Eddie tonight; it’s been so long since we have hung out one on one. Hopefully he tells me all about his music career, I’m so proud of him going from just a regular kid in high school to a rock star is inspiring, but I’ve always known he could do it, I love hearing Eddie sing, I am in awe every time a sweet melody comes out of those perfect god given lips of his. I remember the first time he ever sang and played an instrument in front of me, he was Amazing, well he still is Amazing.

****Flashback***

In Music Class everyone had a partner but Loren; she was so shy that she rarely talked to anyone. It’s hard to believe 3rd graders scared Loren so much but they did. She didn’t have any friends because she had just moved to LA with her Mom, When the teacher saw that Loren was alone she asked one of her older students from the 4th grade to help Loren out, Eddie gladly accepted the challenge and did whatever he could to get Loren’s creative side out. He knew a thing or two about music considering his parents were the one and only MK. At first Loren didn’t talk to or do anything with Eddie but just watched and admired how well he was at singing, guitar, and piano. A few weeks went by and Loren finally started to open up and talk to him, after that Loren realized that she not only had a friend but had a best friend, she talked to Eddie about everything, music, how her day was, being home alone while her Mom was working and going to school, and worst of all her father leaving her. Growing up as Eddie Duran’s best friend was NOT easy for Loren, he was always dating a new girl every other day, all the girls hated Loren because she was so close to him… like they had a chance… but the hardest part of all was not being able to tell him how she really felt.

****Now****

Loren is a junior and Eddie’s a senior, they’re still as close today as they were all those years back.  It is New Year’s Eve and Loren invited Eddie over to hangout. It was one of the last times they would be able to considering Eddie is going on tour in a few weeks. He got a record deal last summer and has been working on his album and fan base ever since. They haven’t had much time to spend together which scares Loren considering he hasn’t even left yet and he still doesn’t have time for her. Today is the first day they will be hanging out in over a month.

Lorens thoughts

I’m so nervous what if Eddie isn’t as excited as I am to hang out? He has always been my best friend but because of that I have never told him how I truly feel, to be honest I have had the biggest crush on Eddie since I was like 12 years old. He’s just so sweet, and caring, he understands me like no one else. I can talk to Eddie all day and he would never be annoyed of hearing about my problems. And let’s not forgot that he is pretty much the hottest guy in LA, everybody around here wants him, even some guys. But in my eyes none are good enough, not even me. I just want him to be happy and if that means he dates every available girl in LA so be it, If he doesn’t like me oh well but I just want him to stop sending me mixed signals like asking me out then saying he was just kidding.

****Flashback****

It was 2 years earlier Loren and Eddie were hanging out at a Swing Dance lesson they go to every week, both of them love to dance and neither were dating anyone at the moment so they just went together, as friends. After a few dances both Eddie and Loren needed a drink so they headed over to the water fountain in the corner, Loren could see Eddie was nervous about something but she didn’t know what and why he was acting that way towards her, she just brushed her thoughts aside as they took a seat in the corner, while they were sitting there content with the silence Eddie broke it saying “uhhh, um, hey, uh, will you, um will you go out with me?” at first Loren just sat there shocked then chocked out “Really?” his answer was probably the worst thing Loren has ever heard before,  “No” she was so heartbroken and confused  but managed to say “oh ok.”  The rest of the night was a little awkward but the next day was as normal as ever with them.