Love at first sight???

Jared

I wiped at the beads of sweat that has been running on my face,my muscles are sore for travelling for 3 days atop a horse.Hungry and tired I look for a perfect spot to camp for the night.
"We could stop here for the night!" I shouted to the men.

"At last! I thought I will never hear that from you, Ivan said my childhood friend and right hand man,"We are but a few hours from the Collin's manor why stop? probably because we dont want a bedraggled groom arriving there right? Ivan chuckled.

I snorted,I unmounted from my horse and gathered the reins.

"We are stopping here because my purse is empty and we cannot afford a room in an inn"

Ivan shook his head.
" Could you at least remove that scowl from your face? We dont want your bride to back out from the wedding"I snorted again,Ivan knew exactly how I feel about the wedding.

I handed the reins to one of the men and retreated to the woods.

I need to be alone...
It has been 3 months since my world turned upside down,father died I had to leave my commission in the army to go home to a mountain of debt,castle in ruins crumbling walls even the tenant's are all grumbling about a leak on the roof,bad crop,lame cow,if only father did not emptied the coffers through gambling all would have been fine.His parents never learned to be contented,even his mother had her fair share hosted endless balls,new dresses new carriages, now he will pay for all those extravagances, I Jared the fifth Duke of Glenford a sacrificial lamb, will go through a marriage of convenience with a rich merchant's daughter.

I didnt know that I have a fiancee until after I saw the letter from my father's desk after the funeral,along with the contract. Thirty thousand pounds! a marriage bond,half of it has been spent through years of extravagance and bad investments and the other half is on hold until the marriage.

Sold to the highest bidder! that's what I feel.I do not have any choice but to go through that farce marriage to restore the castle to its former glory.

I heard a noise,it came from there over the bushes.I slowly pulled the knife from my boots ready to defend myself when the animal jumped from the bushes,a rabbit! a cute little rabbit.I laughed.The rabbit was startled to find company and jumped back through the bushes.

I stop and stare at a butterfly freely moving through the shrubbery.A monarch butterfly as big as a hand.I stared at it mesmerized. It flew from one bush to another.My feet moved on its own,for whatever reason I decided to follow it.I heard splashing water!, the butterfly lead me to a spring.And that's when I saw it or her Im not sure...

She looks like a fairy or a water nymph I really cant decide for she took my breath away,she's so naked! Ebony tresses peaches and cream complexion and curves on the right places.I swallowed,it has been months since he last had a woman.The girl was laughing on her own and the sound is so melodious the type that you would like to hear over and over again,it stirred his loins.

The girl stop humming and an alarmed looked crossed her face. Maybe I should wait until she is clothed? But no decent woman would strip naked in the woods...A true gentleman would never seduce an innocent maiden,He grinned  maybe she is one of the local girls in the area open for a tryst in the woods.

While I am debating whether to join her or not the girl rose started drying herself and clothed that delectable body of hers.She went to the boulder across the bush. A sigh of disappointment has escaped me.

The girl finger comb her hair and started humming.I step towards the boulder where she is resting.Up close the girl is breathtakingly beautiful! the girl's eyes are closed so I had the liberty to stare at her long lashes resting on high cheekbones,a pert little nose and luscious lips waiting to be kissed,I sat down beside the vision and put my hands on her nape,my lips slowly descended on their own to taste the feast spread before him.

Her lips are soft,her breath so sweet,I feasted on her lower lip before I pushed her lips to open more by my tongue.I heard her moan, I smiled so she is enjoying it?.. I pulled her my other hand went through her back so I could fit her close to my body.I heard her moan again her eyes started to open and I stop,winked at her gave her my most devastating smile.I heard her gasp.

I took the opportunity with her lips parted I kissed her again,coaxed her tongue to meet mine.Kissed her with abandon.I felt her hands on my nape, I opened my eyes for a moment oh so she is willing! I slowly spread her down the grass and look at her grayish violet eyes,filled with awe and adoration and something else he cant describe but that look sends pleasure through his guts.

I grinned at her while undoing the buttons of her dress "now my beautiful maiden may I please have your name before I gave you the pleasure we've both been waiting for? I nuzzled her neck and I felt her stiffen.I felt her hand restricting me from undoing her buttons.

I looked back at her,her eyes are now misty and I see anger lurking on the violet depths."What is it?" I asked but she pushed me away. She turned her back from me,"Im really sorry your grace but I misunderstood you".

I frowned at that, "Are you playing games with me?"

"No,it's just that I thought you know me that---

"How much?" I asked,I look at her grass stained dress.

"What?" her lips are trembling

"What do you want? I may not have much to offer now but that will change in a matter of few days.

"What do you mean?" she asked

I pulled her back to my arms and whispered "I want you,tell me what you want in exchange of a night of pleasure in your arms,for once in my life I am willing to pay for pleasure".

She struggled,"let me go!,No!

"Stop playing a tease!,one moment you are warm then next you are cold,I felt your response! You want me too!...I held her face raised her chin and looked at her eyes filled with tears,that look filled me with guilt.

She sobbed "you broke my heart! she pushed me away and kicked me in my shins,I doubled over and lost my balance when I recovered she's gone...

I sighed and shook my head at theI went back to the camp and tried to sleep off my frustration.I managed to get some sleep by dawn and my dreams are filled by a certain violet eyed temptres...

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Stay tuned....next is Alaina's POV and the much awaited wedding😊😜😘😄