tell me your love

Kyungil sat the usual bar that he went to, taking shots and smoking his cigerette. He looked at the time.

Maybe I should go home.

///

You sat by the window of both yours and Kyungil's apartment. He was out late, probably drinking again. You waited for him. You always did ever since he decided to do this. He was changing. Did he not love you anymore? Is that why he was doing this? You realized tears are falling down your face, so you wiped them and got up.

What am I to you, Kyungil?

So you decided not to stay up for him.

///

You sitting at the window again, looking out to the busy city. Kyungil was sitting in a couch, just staring into space. You glanced at him once in a while. No one say anything, just silence. You decided to break the silence.

"So...how was your day so far?"

There was no answer from him. You scoffed. You could take this silence anymore. You needed to get out of this apartment.

"I'm going out."

Still receiving no answer from him, you left the room anyway. You grabbed your coat and headed for the front door. Before you could open the front door, you were pulled back by your left shoulder.

"Where are you going?!"

You scoffed at him again. "I told you I was going to go out."

You slapped his hand away, but he tried to stop you. You pushed him away and opened to door, leaving him in the apartment. Kyungil sat on the couch and ruffled his hair in frustration.

How am I suppose to ask her to marry me?!

///

You sat at a park bench, waiting for the other person on the line to pick up. You held back your tears.

"Hello?" a familiar woman's voice answered. Tears formed in your eyes when you heard her voice.

"Mom." you said through your tears.

"____? How are you? Are you crying?!" your mother questioned.

"I can't take it anymore, mom. With him."

"What? But you two have been dating for four years. What happened?"

"He's been going out and drinking again. Like before we went out."

"____, maybe something is just wrong with work—"

"I just need to stay with you for now. I can't stand it anymore. Just for a week to let me figure things out."

"Alright. You're father and I will pick you up tomorrow?"

"Okay. Thank you, mom."

///

Kyungil woke up and you weren't in bed with him. He noticed that your stuff on the dresser was going. He checked drawers and closet. Your stuff was all gone. He looked out the window and saw you loading your stuff into a car. He grabbed his jacket and ran out the doors and stairs. He saw you and ran to you, turning your around and hugging you.

"Where are you going?! Don't leave me. I love you, ____." he hugged you tightly, like he would die if he let you go.

"Y-yah. Let me go, Kyungil." He shook his head like a child.

"N-no. Not till you tell me you're going to stay."

You got angry and pushed him away.

"Yah Song Kyungil. What am I to you, huh?! Ever since we went out, you've never gone out drinking and partying so much like you've been doing for the past few weeks. Everyone warned me about this side of you. So what the heck is going on that has been making you drink and partying so much?! Just what am I to you?"