Goodbye My Dearest

SEVEN YEARS AGO

Neela woke up panicking, worried for the safety of Riolu. Neela went to sit up and hissed as she felt her body give out. "R-Riolu? Where are you?" Neela whispered hoarsely, not feeling any saliva in her mouth. She looked at her surroundings and saw that the room was completely clean, the cot she laid on was soft and the floorboards were sparkling. She looked to her right and saw Riolu on the cot next to her, breathing softly. She smiled softly and looked up as the door opened revealing an old man. "Why hello dear, how are you feeling?" She smiled. "I feel like I've been hit by a boulder." He smiled and brought a chair up next the feet of her bed. "Well at least you're Ok, its a good thing you saved that Riolu. That was so brave of you." A tint of red appeared on her cheeks as she looked away. "Well as long as he's Ok." He nodded. "Um sir what's your name?" He smiled kindly at and his hands together on his lap. "I'm Mr. Fuji my dear." Neela sat there not moving but staring at him. 'This is where I leave you Riolu.' Neela thought to herself. Neela looked at the door as the door opened revealing a small Bulbasaur. The Bulbasaur walked in leaving the tray of food on the small table to my left using its vines to gently put the tray of food on the small oak table. After he sat it down he stared at me and smiled. "Bulbasaur brought that tray of food for you and Riolu, just in case you were hungry." Neela's stomach growled, making her blush again. She looked at the Bulbasaur and thanked him. "So sir if I may ask how did you find us?" Neela asked nicely as she tried to avoid eating at the moment. "Oh me and my Bulbasaur were taking a walk next to the river and just when you grabbed that rock I had Bulbasaur grab you when you let go." Hearing a tiny yawn Neela and Mr. Fuji looked at the small Riolu next Neela's cot. He rubbed his eyes and sat up. "Why hello there Riolu, how are you feeling?" Riolu jumped down from the cot and smiled at him. Neela tried to sit up again but gave up feeling her body give out once again. "Dear don't try to get up, you're hurt badly. All that damage you took its going to take quite a while for you to walk again and for those gashes and bruises to heal up." She nodded sighing sadly and laid back down. "Well I'll leave you two alone, come Bulbasaur." The Bulbasaur listened and followed him out closing the door behind both of them. Neela turned and watched as the Riolu stared at his feet with tears in his eyes. "Hey Riolu." Riolu looked up with tears in his eyes. "Its not your fault ok." He frowned and looked down. "Why don't you lay up here with me?" He nodded and tried to climb up the cot but it was a bit too high for him. He started to cry as he reached out to grab onto Neela but couldn't reach. Neela sighed and grabbed onto his paw, pulling him up onto the cot. She groaned in pain and held in her small yelp. "There's no need to cry Riolu. I'm right here." He nodded wiping away his tears. He sat down at the edge of the cot and swayed his feet happily. Just then Mr. Fuji cracked his head in through the door and smiled kindly at the girl and small Pokemon. "Hey dear may I ask what your name is?" Neela nodded smiling. "I'm Neela sir." He smiled. "Well Neela I need a favor to ask of you." Neela still laying on the cot, cocked her head to the side confused. "Uh sir?" He smiled wider rubbing the back of his head nervously. "Well dear I have to go see how the Pokemon in Lavender town are doing and I won't be here for about a few hours and I was wondering if you could watch my home for a while?" Neela couldn't understand why she was asked to do a task of an old man that had jut met her. But he did save her and she had to do at least this small of a favor before she left. She nodded happily. "No problem sir." She lied. She knew she couldn't stay, she had to leave. He waved his goodbye to her and left with Bulbasaur following behind him. Neela turned to look at the Riolu in front of her and smiled. "Hey Riolu its getting late you should go eat before bedtime." He nodded grabbed the plate on the table to her left. The plate contained fruits and vegetables. Every now and then he would ask her if she was hungry but she kept trying to convince him that she wasn't hungry. When he finished the plate he put it off to the side and snuggled into her side. She smiled and sighed. She knew something like this would only come a couple times in her life. The room started to darken and clouds started to form outside her window. She need to leave before it started to rain. If she didn't leave soon she would be stuck there for the night. She tried getting up a couple times but her body kept giving up on her. She tried one last time and succeeded. She wobbly tried to cling on anything sturdy as she went out of the room. She grabbed her coat and tried not to groan in pain as she put it on. She saw some crutches near the door with a sticky note. "Hello Neela, I wanted to thank you for watching my home for a couple hours and I wanted you to have these crutches to get around when you had enough strength. Be careful and good luck." She sighed and looked around the room trying to find her backpack. She couldn't find it so she went back to the room and found it next to the bed where Riolu was. She sighed and swung he backpack on her back unknowingly dropping the pokeball under the dresser. She started at the innocent little Riolu that laid there quietly and ruffled up in blankets. She walked up to him and started petting him. He shifted a little and looked at her sadly with tired squinted eyes. She leaned over and kissed him on his forehead. "Good luck Riolu. I hope you find a wonderful master one day." She got up using her crutches and started walking out the room. When she stopped at the door she looked at him and saw him reaching out towards her with tears leaking out of his eyes. "Bye little guy." She waved and walked out of the house and into the dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well I hope someone liked this lame excuse of a chapter. Well anyways thank you for reading.
Vote.
Comment.
Maybe add to your list?