Elaine's Story- Chapter One

Comenzar desde el principio

I nodded mutely. He wasn't looking at me, and I momentarily felt stupid. Just as I was about to open my mouth, he spoke again.  

"I know I haven't known you for long. I haven't even known you a whole day. And half of all the time I've been with you, I acted like a huge jerk. I'm sorry. Please forgive me, but I usually act like that. I don't want to, but I can't let anyone get close to me. If I do, they will pry, and if they pry, my life will be ruined. Yet, I don't think I can hold in it much longer. I have to tell someone. And I thought you would be a good choice because I barely know you, so your opinion of me can't be too bad, like some of the people's here."

He looked at me. He studied by eyes, and my heart flopped in my chest. I was unbelievably happy that he had chosen me, but I was also kind of scared. He sounded so serious. He told me he couldn't tell anyone else. That could mean anything. I had some ideas running through my head.  

a. He was in love with a nerd, or a teacher, or someone who was NOT ME.

b. He cheated on someone, his girlfriend maybe (He never said he didn’t have one) or he broke a promise or a pact or a swear. Or he cheated in the other way, like hacking his grades or cheating on a final exam. 

c. He committed a very bad crime such as:

     1. He stole something valuable

     2. He kidnapped someone.

     3. He murdered someone.

He raped someone.

Those were my ideas. I hoped so very badly that none of them were true. 

Nick was still staring. I suddenly realized he was waiting for an answer. 

“Okay.” I said. 

He looked incredulous, and he continued staring at me for a moment before shaking his head and dropping my hand. 

“Whatever. What I wanted to tell you was...well...” He hesitated. 

I suddenly realized the meaning behind his hesitation. From my stupid ‘Okay’ he didn’t know if he could trust me or not. 

“Nick...” I trailed off, waiting for him to look at me. When he didn’t, I decided to just continue. “Nick, I-I like you. A lot. I think you’re funny and kind, and very handsome. You can tell me whatever you have to say, and I won’t tell anyone. I’ll keep your secret if you keep mine.” I smiled weakly, one corner of my mouth lifting up, my eyes watering, my head tilting to the side. I reached out a trembling hand and rested it on his shoulder. His eyes shifted towards me and he let out his breath. 

“Okay. Deal. Well, I guess I should just get it over with...I’m in love with Celeste.” He studied my face to watch my reaction. 

I went through several emotions. First one was, I have to admit it, smugness. I was right! That was option a. My second emotion was pride. At myself. 

The third emotion I felt was betrayal. I wish he had killed someone! I was desperately hoping he was in love with me! 

Fourth emotion, sadness. Oh well, maybe there are other hot guys here. I doubt it, though. I was lucky there was Nick in this small town hell called TickleToes. 

And then finally, the fifth emotion. The emotion I’m pretty sure everyone was expecting. Shock. Did he just say Celeste? His TWIN SISTER?!?! 

I knew she was weird. 

---------------------------------------

Author’s Note: This is the longest chapter I have ever written! I’m pretty sure it’s going to be at least 4 pages. Aren’t you proud of me? 

I’m putting a requirement. Last chapter DID NOT get very many comments or votes, which makes me think no one is reading this, and I don’t want to continue if no one is reading it. So... 

I need: 

0 new fans...Okay, well I can’t exactly ask for more fans. People can fan me for other stories, and if I count it for this one, it’s not really fair. If you are reading this though and you’re not a fan, please become one. Because even though it’s not a requirement, it WILL make me feel EXTREME HAPPINESS, which will prompt me to write faster. 

5 votes. I have thirty something fans, we can manage five votes, right? 

3 comments. That’s so little to ask, but I will have to wait so long for it, I know I will. If I don’t, then wow. Another chapter will be up sooner. 

I hope you are all enjoying this story. I know I am, greatly. I like writing it. It brings me peace. 

Haha. Well, kind of. Anyway, thank you for reading this story. It means so much! I know I haven’t been posting ANY of my stories recently, and I’m sorry. I have soooo much homework it’s like I’m buried. I will try to post more often, but it’s really hard. 

Anyway, thanks again! Please remember to VOTE, COMMENT, FAN, AND EVERYTHING!