Chapter 1: Temporary Home

Ilkay's pov

I sit down on the train looking out the window. I start to sing, taking in my surroundings beyond the window.

Little boy, six years old
A little too used to being alone
Another new mom and dad
Another school, another house that will never be home

I watch the trees go by.

When people ask him how he likes this place
He looks up and says with a smile upon his face

Smile thinking of the ring on my finger and fiddle with it.

This is my temporary home, it's not where I belong

I smile sadly.

Windows and rooms that I'm passing through
This is just a stop on the way to where I'm going

I think of the muggle boy who said he'd wait for me.

I'm not afraid because I know
This is my temporary home

"Zach, you know this is just my temporary home right?" I whisper to him while looking down.

Young mom, on her own
She needs a little help, got nowhere to go

"Yeah, I do, Moon. I know it is. But I'll wait for you." He says hugging me.

She's looking for a job, looking for a way out
'Cause a halfway house will never be a home

"Why? I'm a witch, Zach. I could hurt you." I say looking at him worriedly.

At night she whispers to her baby girl
"Someday we'll find our place here in this world"

"Because I love you. Moon, I will wait for you til I die." He says looking me in the eye.

This is our temporary home, it's not where we belong
Windows and rooms that we're passing through
This is just a stop on the way to where we're going
I'm not afraid because I know
This is our temporary home

"No, Don't say that! You know how I feel about people saying things like that!" I yelled tearing up.

Old man, hospital bed
The room is filled with people he loves
And he whispers
"Don't cry for me, I'll see you all someday"

"But it's true! Moon! Look at me. I would wait for you til I couldn't wait anymore. I love you." He says holding my face.

He looks up and says
"I can see God's face"
This is my temporary home, it's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passing through

I cringe at the memory.

This was just a stop on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know
This was my temporary home

I cry a little and not notice four boys looking at me.

"This is our temporary home" I sing sadly with tears running down my face. I sob heavily before someone sets their hand on my shoulder. I look up to meet Amber eyes staring back at me with sympathy. "What's wrong?" The boy with Amber colored eyes and brown hair said softly trying to comfort me while the three other pairs of eyes looks at me with concern. "Oh, just a memory of my muggle friend." I choked out. "You really shouldn't worry about me. I'm not much. I just cause havoc wherever I go... I guess that's why I get called havoc." I said sadly looking down at my Gryiffindor tie. "By who?" A boy with short black hair with chunky square glasses says kneeling in front of me. "Snape" I mumble fumbling my thumbs. "Sniviles- I mean Severus?" The Brown haired boy asked. I giggled slightly at his slip up but nodded. I looked up to see him red in the face with pure anger as the only emotion I could see. "Don't worry about me, though. I'm nothing special. Never have, nor will I ever be." I said sadly looking back at my lap. I heard I thump, and looked up at the mad boy. "You are special. You know what? Sniviellas is really gonna get it now." He said getting up and storming out. I looked at the others shocked and saw that they were just as shocked. We all stumbled to chase after him. When we caught up to him, Snape was on the floor bloody and was still being punched by the boy. "Remus! Get off of him!" A girl with red hair said trying to pry the two boys away from each other. "Go away you Mudblood!" I heard Snape yell. I froze at the word 'mudblood'. My blood ran cold and I ran towards the boys and flung the brown haired boy who I assumed was 'Remus' off of Snape, accidentally flinging him into the wall, and started punching Snape. "Never. Call. Someone. A. Mudblood." I said punching after ever pause. I got up and then realized what I did. I looked at Snape horrified. I backed up and then ran from the scene crying. I was certainly going to get a punishment after that incident. I ran back to my cabin and started to pace. The four boys came back in and tried to calm me down. I looked at the 'Remus' boy and ran over to him. "Are you okay?!?!" I asked frantically, clearly ignoring the pleas of the other three, grabbing his face not caring if I had scratches on me. "Yes are you?" He said calmly. "I don't care. Espisky" I said pulling out my wand and running healing spells across him. I finished and he did the same to me. We all sat back down and decided to get to know each other. "I'm Remus Lupin." The boy with brown hair said. "I'm James Potter." Said the black haired boy with chunky square glasses, putting his hand out to shake. I shook his hand then the others continued. "I'm Black. Sirius Black." Said the boy with long black hair and a playboy attitude. "I-i-i'm Peter P-p-p-Pettigrew" a blonde haired boy with rat like features said shyly. "I'm Ilkay Fawn. But you can call me... uh never mind." I said quietly. Remus eyed me questionably. I looked away. "I believe we'll all become amazing friends." James said looking at us all. I giggled and nodded.