chapter two

McKayla

After what seemed like forever, we pulled into a garage parking lot. We backed into a narrow space between two other bikes that looked exactly the same as Jax’s. His was second in the row. Jax turned off the bike and I let out a shaky breath.

“You okay darlin’?” He asked with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and tried to unbuckle the helmet. When I couldn’t get it, he smiled and did it with ease. I huffed and handed it to him. With his smirk, he set in down on the mirror and swung his leg off the bike and stood up.

“This way.” He said.

I got off the bike and followed him passed the garage and to a big building behind it with the same Grim Reaper on the wall.

“What is this place?” I asked him.

He looked over his shoulder at me as he opened the big door.

“The club house.” He said.

I raised my eyebrow and followed him inside. Once we got through the door, I saw to my right a long bar with a lot of bar stools and many different bottles of liquor behind it. There were a few tables and chairs set up and a few pool tables. The Reaper was all over the place and on one of the walls were pictures. Mug shots to be exact of a lot of different men. One of them I could tell was Jax. I turned to face him and then looked at the mug shot. Jax was grinning and led me to the bar.

Behind the bar was a man with curly graying hair and a long beard. He had a vest on too that was sitting just right on his big belly.

“Who’s the chick?” He asked Jax with a weary look.

Jax sat down at the bar and the man handed him a beer.

“Bobby, this is McKayla.” He said with a smirk.

Bobby looked me over and nodded slowly in approval. I looked between the both of them and crossed my arms over my chest.

“Just what exactly are you volunteering me to do?” I asked Jax.

“Club bartender.” He said with a small smile.

I opened my mouth but didn’t say anything. My face flushed and I dropped my arms to my sides.

“Oh.” I said in a small voice.

Bobby laughed and leaned on the bar.

“What kinda work were you expecting honey?” He asked me.

I shrugged and felt my face heat up even more. I looked away from both of them and to the stripper pole.

“No darlin’. We try to keep stuff like that out of Charming.” He said.

I nodded and Bobby handed me a beer.