The Park

-Y/N POV-

the day after the welcome thing. 

I sat in the bay window and stared out at the houses, I looked at the one directly across the street, and in the drive way, that Jacob kid was playing basketball with some of his friends.

"Y/N! breakfast!" my dad called, I gagged, if he made breakfast I don't wanna eat it.

I cautiously walked down stairs and looked into the kitchen, oh good he didn't make breakfast.

I grabbed a plate and picked up a few pancakes and doused them in syrup. {or; and put the syrup in a puddle on the side. (if you're a dip person)}

"Y/N lets go to the park" S/N suggested "I'm still in my pajamas" I sighed and glared slightly "Then change, ya dingus!"

"I'm eating" I glared again "When youre done" they whined "fine" I took a bite of my pancakes and looked at my phone, a facebook friend request notification was on the lock screen, I unlocked my phone and opened facebook. Jacob Sartorius. 'but how did he find me?' I thought to myself 'he must've searched my name...' I came to that realization and mentally slapped myself.

I accepted the friend request, and looked out the downstairs windows, to see him still playing basketball.

I looked back at my plate and my pancakes were gone "Who ate my pancakes?!" I yelled "you did!" my dad pointed to the syrup all over my face. "oh" I laughed and grabbed my plate, setting it in the sink and making my way up stairs to change.

As the park didn't sound interesting it was still something I needed to do to get comfortable with this neighborhood.

I changed into a normal-ish looking outfit. and called out for S/N "Okay I'm ready to go!" I waited at the front door. as S/N ran down the stairs and in seconds was right infront of me. "alright lets go!" they laughed and walked outside, running towards the park.

I followed S/N but obviously much slower as I was not running. I looked over and saw Jacob sitting on his lawn with his friends, probably tired out from all that basketball.

I got to the park and instantly just sat on a bench and stared at a nearby lake. I could hear S/N climbing around the play structure.

a few moments later someone sat next to me. 'great. more human interaction' I thought and mentally rolled my eyes. I looked to see who it was, and almost smiled when I saw it was Jacob.

"hi" he smiled with those braces. I couldn't help but stare at the blue pieces of metal on his face "don't get used to them I'm getting them removed in a couple days" he laughed nervously

"cool" I blushed and looked at the ground.

"did you get my facebook friend request?" he asked

"yeah I accepted it" I smiled, still staring at the ground.

"so how are you liking the neighborhood?"

I worked up enough motivation.. or maybe the word was confidence? I worked up enough whatever to look up at him and nod "its cute"

"there's this little pizzeria up in the city, its not very far, we can go eat lunch there or something" Jacob looked at me anxiously

"did you just ask me out?" I didn't mean to say it out-loud but apparently I did.

"only if you want it to seem that way" he got flirtatious for that sentence but went back to awkward. "that was weird I'm sorry" he laughed

"don't apologize, its fine. and I'd love to go to the pizzeria with you" my face got redder with every word.

Jacob sighed out of relief, and then my phone started ringing, I quickly pulled it from my pocket and answered.

"You better get your butt back home right now" my moms voice blared through the speakers of the phone

"what did i do?" i asked and waved my hand to get S/N's attention.

"A, you left without even telling anyone, and B, you haven't even started unpacking!"

"okay sorry mom on my way home now" I hung up and looked at Jacob "I'll see you around lunch" I laughed

"alright" Jacob smiled and waved bye as me and S/N walked back home.

---A/N---

HOLY CRAP. okay guys I'm so so so so so sorry I haven't updated in like a month. i started writing a chapter but then my computer crashed, and I had to re-write it, and then I took a "quick 5 minute break" and then completely forgot I even had a book in progress!

like i cant even begin to say how sorry i am. I'll try and update more often... maybe like once or twice a week? idk though I'm pretty booked on my other account where I'm writing a Dean Winchester Fanfic... and its not an x Reader so I'm out of my comfort zone already. anyways thanks for all the positive feedback!