Chapter 5

"Come on Noah, say goodbye."

Noah hugged his sister tightly. "I'm sorry Vic, we just got that bond back and I have to leave. I promise I'll come visit when I have the chance."

"It's okay, I understand. That's your mate, you're destined to be with her and I'm not stopping you."

I was patiently waiting for my turn to pay my dues. She finally turned to me and hugged me.

"Thank you for everything Victoria." I sincerely said.

"No problem Adora, I hope to see you soon."

"Most definitely" I gave her a smile. "Are you ready Noah?" I looked at him.

"Yes." He picked up the rest of the bags and put them in the car.

Before I got in the car Victoria came to me. "Adora, please take care of him." She held my hands in hers. I looked into her eyes with a promise of "I will."

And then we were off to the airport. I hated flying just like every other wolf there is. I rather stay on the ground but the Queen wanted us as back soon as possible.

I started driving and Noah was awkwardly silent. "What's wrong?" I looked at him for a quick second then turned my attention back to the road.

"Nothing, reality is just settling in." He said messing up his hair showing how frustrated he truly was.

"We're mates, okay? If you're having doubts tell me now."

"Adora, it's really nothing. It's just nerves, I'm nervous. I'm meeting the Queen for the first time and then I'm most likely going to have to fight off a whole bunch of warrior males that wants you."

I growled. "You're not going to be fighting anybody."

"Who are you to decide that? If I turn down from a challenge they will look at me like a coward who's not worthy of being your mate."

"Who cares of what they will think. I think you're worthy so that is all that matters."

"I care. What if the Queen doesn't think I'm worthy enough and forbids me from being your mate."

"If it ever comes to that then it's something I'm willing to deal with even if it means defying my Queen."

I can tell my words gave him a new founded respect. "Would you really do that for me?"

"Yes, without a doubt. You're my mate." I reached over and grabbed his hand. "You're mine, I'll kill for you."

He looked at me in awe. "Is it too early to say I love you?" I let out a big a laugh. "A little bit."

The whole plane ride had my nerves on high but we finally made it to the castle in about 3 hours and my focus became clear. 

Forget the security, forget all the people trying to greet me. Forget everybody except for one. Warrior Mason was my target.

I was dragging Noah throughout the castle with me, many people trying to stop me. But I'm on a mission. I went to the warrior gym where I knew everyone would be including him and I was correct.

I growled out. "Mason."

He turned around like he heard a ghost. "Warrior A-Adora?" He stuttered out.

I made it to him in two strides and I grabbed his neck and slammed him against the wall. "You damn right." He winced when I tighten my grip. "How dare you!"

He struggled to get my hand from around him. "What are you talking about?" 

By this time a crowd came gathered around us and I could still sense my mate behind me. "You know what I'm talking about! How are you going to send us on a mission that was an ambush!"

I let him go and threw him on the ground and he immediately got up and charged towards me. I heard the angriest growl come from behind me and I was behind someone's body. Noah's.

Everyone's eyes snapped to him in surprise just now acknowledging his presence. Mason looked at him and smirked. "And who do we have here?" I let out a growl and Noah tensed up even more. "Doesn't concern you, now does it?" It was deathly quiet. The tension was so strong you couldn't even cut it with the finest knife.

I whispered in Noah's ear so that only he heard. "I got it." He nodded and moved back to his original spot while showing Mason his teeth to let him know that it was far from over between them. I internally smirked at that.

I turned my focus back to Mason. "You knew what you were doing." I took little steps towards him. "You sent us on that mission hoping that none of us would return. What would you gain from that?" My words got quieter with each step I took. "To try and gain my title? You'd never be half the person I am. I will find out what happened to my team and if I find out you had something to do with it, I will kill you." I promised him.

I turned my back on him which was one of the most disrespectful things you'd could do in this time. I grabbed Noah's hand and we left the gym. I was still so angry because I know he had something to do with it.  

Noah stopped me when we were of out of hearing and spoke quietly. "I think he had a role in whatever happened. It's something bigger."

"It just doesn't make sense." I shook my head. "The best men went out on that mission including me! And somehow I think I'm the only one who survived? What happened to them? I need answers."

He rubbed my arms and held both of my hands. "I know, we will figure it out."

It was more than a gut feeling. I know there is something else going on. Why did the Queen wait so long to contact me? I know our mind link was diminished but she would've sent out a search party. I feel it in my soul that this is more than just me. It runs way deeper than I'm just thinking. I will find out.