6

The scene was perfect, on the beach at sunset with the sound of waves splashing. Hardly anyone else on the beach with us. The sunlight turning the water a strange color. Everything was perfect, so I got onto one knee.

"Hope Lilian, will you make me the happiest man alive by marrying me?" I said taking her hand into mine and holding the ring in my other one.

She shook her head, not for her answer but because she didn't think this was real. But either way she kissed me hard giving me her answer. I slid the ring on her finger just as Eve and Ryan were approaching. Eve apparently saw the exchange and came running to give Hope an excited hug. Ryan, knowing this was going to happen, came up and said congratulations.

The rest of that night went on in a blur. I know that we went to a restaurant with a gorgeous view and then back to the hotel. It was one of those expensive ones with more than one room. I think it is best described as a suite. Anyways once we got back, me and Hope just cuddled and kissed. Which is surprising because when we do that, it usually leads to more.

The nex day Hope and I didn't wake up until about ten. That was because we stayed up late watching movies and shows. After we woke we went onto the balcony to check the view we had. We were up on the sixth floor with a gorgeous view of the ocean and beach.

Once we had made breakfast we took a shower. Yes, we took it together, but nothing happened that time. Usually something does, but we were trying to get ready fast enough to catch up to Ryan and Eve. They had left a note saying they'd be at the beach. So, we hurried up and went to the beach. Which was crowded as hell. There was hardly a spot to sit and settle down. What we get for waking up late on a Saturday in summer.

I'm not going to bore you with the details, but that whole day was spent at the beach. So was the next three days after that. It was fun, a vacation obviously and really fun. I had made the point to tell Hope a couple of times about calling me her fiance now.