Chapter Eight: Zoo Fun?

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, that is great." He says with his mouth full and I laugh.

"Let's go see the pandas!" Roland excitedly yells.

I grab his hand and we walk out of the shark exhibit. The Panda Hut was on the other side of the zoo and Robin informed me that Jefferson was going to meet us there. Once we reach out destination I see a man with black hair and pretty eyes holding his small daughter who has brown hair.

"Grace!" Roland yells as he runs over to the girl.

"And off he goes. This won't take long you can wait here if you want." Robin says and I nod. I watch as he walks over to his friend.

While I'm staring at the adorable pandas I hear a clicking noise. I turn around to investigate once I hear it again. In a bush about ten feet away I think I see a person with a camera. I'm just being paranoid and I shrug my shoulders.

"So what do you want to see next?" Robin says as he walks towards me and I hear another click.

"Let's see the snakes." I say with a smile.

Robin nods and then he wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me close. As we walk away I hear another clicking noise. In a few minutes we walk into the reptile building. I look at one of the tanks to see that it's empty. I tap the glass and a snake hits the glass with its sharp teeth. I jump back with a scream and Robin catches me in his arms.

"It's just a snake sweetie. It's completely harmless." He says as he gives me a kiss on the cheek and I hear another click.

"Robin, I think someone is following us." I whisper in his ear.

"I'm sorry that's partly my fault. I was a socialite until I went off the grid and now I think they're following me again."

"Can we just leave? I'm not one for attention."

"Of course."

He grabs my hand and leads us through the crowd of people. I can see a person following us closely. Soon one person turns into five people with cameras. I try to stay close to Robin as he quickly walks down the stairs. I keep up with him until I here a loud snap and my ankle gives out. A sharp pain shoots through me and tears well in my eyes.

"Robin!" I yell in pain.

He quickly turns around and rushes over to me. He scoops me up and carries me bridal style the rest of the way. The people get plenty of photos as I wince in pain.

"Who's the girl?" One of them shouts and Robin tries to cover my face.

"Can you just leave us alone?" Robin asks as we finally exit the zoo and he carries me through the parking lot.

"Is she the girlfriend?" Another one of the people ask as they shove cameras in our faces.

"Are we invited to the wedding?" Another shouts as Robin reaches the car.

Somehow Robin opens the door and gently places me in the car. He slams the door shut and the paparazzi take pictures of me. I don't care because of the excruciating pain in my ankle. Robin gets in the car and pulls out of the parking lot.

"Regina are you okay?" Robin asks as he looks at me quickly.

"I think I broke it!" I hysterically cry out as I clutch my ankle.

"I'm so sorry. This all my fault and I promise to make it up to you." He says as he grabs my hand.

"Just drive!" I yell at him through my tears.

Robin breaks every speed limit as I cry in pain. He turns a corner too quickly and I shout in pain. He drives his car into the parking lot of the E.R. He rushes out the car and soon I'm in his arms as he quickly opens the doors.