Prologue

Once upon a time was for children's fairytales. When we become adults, we had long understood that fairytales happen only to children. There's only the sad reality. Stories still began with a happy moments but ending sadly. Yes, no happy ending for us.

In the realm of the underworld, there lived a princess whose beauty rivaled that of Venus and Aphrodite of the great mythology. Her name was Zephyrine, a name so befitting because she's like a soft gentle breeze in the dark world down below. She grew up to be a beauty, and that made her the envy of her pack. She dismissed them nonchalantly and was contented eventhough she was usually alone with no friends. She knew how to act around them because she can read minds, an ability she finds handy. She usually utter the words they wanted to hear and avoid those that aren't pleasing to them.

She was surrounded by darkness and often wondered what the outside world look like. She had no mother nor father to ask from. Zephyrine was raised by an old witch, who introduces herself as her guardian. Whenever she ask, Malka, the witch where her parents was, she would usually answer that her mother was a mere mortal who died after giving birth to her and her father was a half demon who lures women in their dreams and was nowhere to be found.

She didn't know what mortal nor half demon means that time.

Zephie first got a glimpse of the outside world when one of the "Goddesses" went out for their "hunting" trip. She was eight. She risked the wrath of Malka just she could go with the goddesses to find out what it was like outside their realm.

And she was not disappointed.

She had met her first love.