Holding On

Disclaimer: This is my FIRST fanfic I ever wrote. 1. Constructive criticism is great, but please don't send hate. 2. All characters, even those based on real people, and events in this fanfic are completely fictional. Harassing real people by RPF is discouraged by the author.

Based on "All I Have Left is You" by the Offspring

Brief Prologue/Plot:

For as long as she could remember, Hope had feelings for Carli. Carli was one of the sweetest people she would ever ended up meeting. They became friends in September 2007, when the rest of the teamed shunned her and Carli was the only one who stood by her. It wasn't until a few years later when she started to develop feelings for Carli. However, Hope feared that she would never feel the same. Hope was wrong. Carli did have something more towards Hope. Sure, on the outside Hope was portrayed in a negative light, but deep down, she wasn't the way people thought of her. That was the charm that Carli saw in Hope. In 2013, Hope would end up getting married. However, due to her husband cheating on her, things would change for Hope. Little did she know was that the changes would be for better.

Main Part:

I'll be the one, spin me around

Lifting you up, and holding me down

Inside a storm is raging, it blows up in your eyes

Inside a heart is breaking, rivers running dry

(Flashback)

Hope's life wasn't going as expected. After she found out that her husband was cheating on her, things would fall apart. The next day, the team would have to practice for the next game. During practice, didn't feel like herself. Normally, she would be intense and alert. That day, she was just unmotivated. After training, the team was asking Hope if she was okay. Hope faked a smile and told everyone that she was fine. However, a familiar chestnut-brown haired, hazel-eyed figure walked in the locker room and spoke.

"Hey Hope, are you alright?" Carli asked.

Hope looked at Carli and replied, "Yeah, I'm doing well." Hope let out a huge sigh.

Carli knew that something was not right with Ho. She trusted her instincts and asked Holden if she was really okay.

Hope told her how she really felt. "Not really." She confessed. "Jerrmy and I have been having problems."

"What problems?" Carli asked

"Relationship problems." Hope answered.

"Ooh. I'm sorry things aren't going well for you." Carli said. She added, "You know what?"

"What?" Hope asked.

"Since I'm guessing that you were never happy with him, I'll assume that you'll find someone better."

Hope started to cry a bit on Carli's shoulder. Carli told her, "It's okay, Hope. I know it's a rough time, but I'll be there when you need someone." Hope calmed down after releasing her tears. "Thank you, Carli." That was the thing Hope saw in her; she was sincere, beautiful, and she had a gentle heart.

(End of flashback)

Hope was recently starting to slowly recover. She went through the case for divorce. The process was tedious, but in the end everything was worth it. Even though she felt left out in the cold, weak, and helpless, she started to see the light. She knew what to do. She threw in all the things she would need into the back of her car and drove for miles until she reached her destination on the other side of the country. 

I could run, I could hide

When I'm crashing down who's the one who saves me?

Oh, intertwined, wrap around me with your thorns

It was another chilly night in New Jersey. Carli was pouring water for her tea. As she waited for the tea to brew, she decided to wash the dishes. Things were going normally, until there was a knock at her door. The knock came again, making Carli shut off the sink and made her way to the door. At that moment she thought to herself, "Who would knocking at my door at this time?" She looked through the peephole and once she saw who it was, she had a clue why she was there. She opened the door and said "Hey, Hope. What's been going on?" Hope responded, "You know why." The truth was Carli did have clue on what was going on, but due to Hope's way of dealing with the situation during the time, she couldn't explain her problem to anyone clearly. Carli said, "Yeah, you were having problems in your relationship. Besides that, can you tell me why you're here?" Hope explained the whole story. "When I found out that Jerrmy was having extramarital affairs, I was in grief. I didn't know what to do, so I pretended to be okay. When we were practicing for the next game then, I didn't really feel like myself. My heart was still shunned from what I learned that night. After practice was over, some of the teammates asked me if I was okay. I lied to them. Then they left and you came in. You asked if I was okay. When I lied to you, you didn't buy it. You wanted to make sure I was okay. It was kind of like 2007, but it was more of a personal problem. Nobody knew how I felt, except for you."

And we're holding on when

There's nothing left to hold on to

So don't tell me when it's gone

Cause' all I have left is you

Carli listened to what Hope said. She asked her, "Hmm. So what happened between you and that jerk?"

Hope told Carli that they divorced from three weeks to a month ago. She told her that she was starting feel okay, but she wasn't completely okay. There was something else she needed to fix her recovering heart. She pondered about it briefly, until Carli broke the silence.

"Hey Hope, did anyone tell you how lovely you are?"

"No, not really." Hope replied.

"Well guess what? That's exactly what you are" Carli said. Hope blushed. She pulled Carli into an embrace. It felt so warm to her heart. However, she thought that it was time for her to leave. She let go, but Carli took her by the hand. "Wait, don't go now." Carli pulled Hope into a kiss. Hope's eyes were opened for a moment in response to how spontaneous it was to her, but she closed her eyes and enjoyed it. After about ten seconds, they broke the kiss.

I'll be the one lifting you up again

Inside a storm is raging, hold me down, hold me down

I'll be here waiting, I'll be here waiting for

And we're holding on when

There's nothing left to hold on to

So don't tell me when it's gone

Cause' all I have left is you.

Carli asked, "So, are you okay now?" Hope answered yes. Hope was about to leave, but Carli asked if she wanted to stay. Hope accepted her offer. It was better than going out in the cold. She felt warm. She felt loved. Everything Carli had to give was the solution to Hope's dysfunctional love life. She was feeling fine again.