CH23: Fairytale

CHAPTER 23

Sarah’s POV

I never thought in my life to walk hand in hand under the bright moonlight with the person I didn’t even imagine to fall for. Suddenly, a slow music started playing at the park as the water fountain danced accordingly with the tune of the song.

Today was a fairytale, you were the prince I used to be a damsel in distress.

You took me by the hand, and you picked me up at six.

Today was a fairytale, today was a fairytale

I looked up to see his face. He seemed emotionless as he looked straight our way. I bent my head down to see our fingers interlocking like how many couples do. A tiny smile formed on my face.

Today was a fairytale You've got a smile that takes me to another planet

Every move you make, everything you say is right

Today was a fairytale

Huy o!” he caught my attention while he was handing me a pink cotton candy. I didn’t realize that we already stopped from walking. I took the cotton candy from him. I was about to free my other hand from his but he didn’t let it go. Instead, he used his free hand to grab his cotton candy from the vendor. My heart skipped due to happiness. A bigger smile formed my lips.

Kainin mo na yan bago pa malusaw ng hangin yan”, he ordered as we continued walking. I stole a glance at him and caught him eating his cotton candy really fast.

I tried to eat mine too but I couldn’t finish it the way he did his. As I was about to lift my cotton candy, he held my other hand which made the both of us hold the stick. He faced me and stared at me.

Go ahead”, he said, pushing the candy near my mouth. I followed his order.

While my lips were feasting on the sweet food, Gerald slowly bowed down his head to be able to reach and eat the other half of the cotton candy. My cheeks felt warm immediately. I stopped myself from nibbling. I just stared at his beautiful face that was near mine. I was just watching him as he was taking bites of the candy. His eyes were closed. His already red lips were getting wet from eating. Abruptly, he opened his eyes and caught me off guard.

“Okay ka lang?” he asked in a casual tone as if what he just did was just something normal.

“Uhm yeah”, I answered. Is this your way of bringing me to your fairy tale? Because if it is, you are already succeeding. I thought.

I went back to eating, hurriedly finished my part of the candy. I heard a slight chuckle from him.

“What?” I asked. This is so weird. Why am I being timid? What happened to my tounge? Did it shrink?

Gerald shook his head. “Nothing”, he answered then he continued walking ---- fast, pulling my hand he was holding which caused me to almost stumble.

Kuya, bulaklak po. Kuya, mura lang po. Bili na po kayo”, a little girl in white dirty shirt offered Gerald. She had red roses in her hands. She seemed tired from walking the whole night just to find someone to buy her flowers.

With the help of my peripheral vision, I could see Gerald turned his head to see me. I didn’t look back at him because my eyes were fixated on the kid in front of us. I ignored Gerald. Questions just started bombarding my head. Why in the world a kid her age is on this street this time of the night? Why are her parents allowing her to work? Don’t they have jobs? Why these parents keep producing babies when they cannot even provide them good life? Jeez…I feel sorry for you, kiddo.

No Turning BackOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara