Chapter 5 - 1

Chapter 5 - 1

6.28.2016

14:38

Tom Hamlin

"Sam, what would you do if I told you a secret?" This could end badly, but I trust Sam. She wouldn't ever tell anyone. Not even her closed friends and family. Luckily she doesn't have any. "I'd keep it. Why?" I trust her. "I have something very important to tell you, but you can not tell anyone. Not even Travis." Travis is an asshole. I hate him, but Sam seems to think he isn't that bad. I wonder what will tick her off to think otherwise. "Oh... K." She gives me a puzzled look and looks away, back to her smartphone. "I... Knew that something bad was going to happen last year. I got letters telling me if I didn't do exactly as they said, they would do something bad. Really bad." Sam stares off at nothing, listening intensely. "I disobeyed them..." I choke up and a few tears fall from my eyes. This is hard. "Hamlin... I will never tell a soul."

Chapter 5 - 1

12.9.2016

16:34

Tom Hamlin

Why is it that every time I wish to go for a walk I always tend to go at the worst times. The last time I had walked outside for a change, it began to rain. The time before, there had been a wreak and I was practically forced to stay and tell of what I saw. No one else was around to see it. I am the worst at choosing the correct time and place to walk... I wonder what has happened with my factory. Do I even still own it? Or has it been taken custody of the police to investigate. I bet Travis doesn't even care that I am not homeless because of him. I had to check out of that motel because it gave me weird vibes every time I went to sleep. Creepy.

"Do you have any spare change Mister?" A ugly, disgusting homeless man asks me. Ugh. What a horrible man for asking me this. I hate saying no to homeless. Well... That is what I am now, so I should learn to appreciate them instead of looking down upon them. "Please?" His grey eyes do not look very pleasant. I open my wallet from my back pocket and look inside. Hundreds of dollars lay, neatly folded, inside. All one hundred bills though. No less. I am not going to throw out money for no reason. I can already tell he would spend it on alcohol, he has three beer bottles beside him, all empty. "No, sorry." I'm not sorry.

I begin to slug away from him. I do not wish to be seen with this man, even though I have no reputation to protect. I used to have it all. A successful business, people who liked me, and everyone in the city knew my name. They chanted it every single time I announced some new product. Seems like a million years ago now, even though it has only a year or two. I've lost count.

My phone begins ringing and I answer it. Anyone who calls my number nowadays is important. I can not loose someone else. Even if it is the phone company or anyone else similar. "Hello?" I didn't even check who was calling. "Hamlin, Sam is trying to kill me! I am at your factory hurry!" The call ends and I look at the caller ID before my screen flashes off. Sam. That wasn't Sam though. This makes no sense. Why would someone use Sam's phone to call me? Why not call 7-17? That is the police, I am to no use. I must go to my factory nonetheless. Someone is in trouble and it is Sam. Sam is still alive. But... Different in a way.