Adrianus

Voulge was up and was in the process of trying to put on her prosthetic limb when we reached her room, her eyes were bloodshot, but it appeared that it was from sadness rather than pain. Her hands were shaking so much that she wasn't able to strap the leg on to her leg, ending up making herself even more sad. She looked up as we all entered, and put on a brave smile, but it wasn't hard to see the pain behind the mask.

Rapier pushed forward and helped her adjust the leg on properly, and let her lean on him when he stood up. His face was hard and determined, silently saying to everyone she was going to get better.

Voulge looked at me and simply said "Thank you so much Knife." Even though there was no proof that I was the one who had made it, but that didn't stop everyone from looking at me, making my face burn up.

Katana was the first to speak.

"We need to let Voulge rest, come on guys, we all have better things to do." By that he meant spend the remaining daylight hours making an underground tunnel to the shed and a weapons training facility under the ground, which all had to have special material against the wall to stop anyone accidentally blowing up a sinkhole, which was more than likely. It all had to be done by hand, which meant that we finished the day wishing we hadn't woken up from the pain all over our bodies, which cried from fatigue.

We all had dinner on the second storey's roof, looking out over the whole town. Voulge made the trip with the aid of Rapier.

Suddenly everyone noticed a dark shape on the street directly in front of our driveway, looking at the house.

Silently, we each moved our separate ways, except for Voulge, who stayed where she was to oversee the mission.

Katana, Sling and Raven crept into the branches of a birch that grew nearby, leaning over the building.

Guisarme, Rapier and Glaive started scaling down the wall to the first storey, ready to attack at any moment.

Loch and I went all the way through the house and met the figure on the street.

The figure in question was a kid, shorter than me, with blonde hair brushed messily to the side, with sky blue eyes, and two dangerous looking sais in his hands. I didn't feel threatened, it was impossible to feel threatened when you not only have weapons that compete with the opponent's weapons, but also a lifetime of skill and practice as well as a giant array of martial arts, not to mention you have someone next to you who is wielding a mean looking axe and six people in hidden places ready to attack on a moment's notice.

"I wish to fight you," the figure said, pointing at me, he took his gauntlet off and threw it on the dust in front of him. I stared blankly at him.

"Is there a reason for this show?" Loch always knows what questions to ask and when to ask them.

"Yes, I rule this town with an iron fist, you can't just take that sort of thing away from me," he clearly wasn't getting the point.

I picked up the gauntlet. "This conversation is boring and it's obvious that there has been a misunderstanding, however, a one on one fight to the death will take place."

"Oh it's not one on one," the figure smiled cruelly. "It's five on two," four burly teenagers stepped out of nowhere.

"Is there any more of them?" Loch asked.

"No, but you will be dead before then," the boy lunged at me, thinking I was undefended.

My kick to his stomach knocked the wind out of him. He staggered back as two of his cronies charged at us. I flipped the closest one over my back, slamming his head into the concrete, smashing his skull and killing him instantly, while Loch simply decapitated his opponent.